How d'you do

I hope you're well, Drone. Are you still based in the Ainsty of York? Yes, Warbler was a good poster wasn't he. Lots of detailed posts of interest especially on international politics. I'd like to know his current thoughts on the possible and plausible World War Three scenerio he mentioned a few years ago.

Yep, still a resident of the wapentake

The Selby and Ainsty parliamentary constituency was famously taken by Labour in a recent by-election: the MP Keir Mather is just 26 and a fine young fella. Unfortunately the constituency is being abolished for the next general election and the name Ainsty will not feature in any of the area's new seats

Drone, you're quite a wise chap if I may say when it comes to politics and predictions. You called Brexit as likely to happen, and from memory Keir Starmer as a plausible Labour Leader and/or Prime Minister.

When this general election is finally called and the inevitable happens, who could be fancied to take over as Conservative leader post election.

I see the F word is being quoted at 20's or so. He turned up at the Tory conference and went on I'm a celebrity get me out here.

I figure the Tories will know after the election that the centre ground has been stolen back from then by Labour, with the Lib Dems likely to add insult to injury. I can then see Farage trying to get involved as the party re positions itself.

Labour will struggle to deliver in the first five years on the big issues, and when legal or illegal migration, or the boats are concerned, who better to have on board for the Conservatives than Farage. Like him or loathe him, he's effective at exploiting weaknesses in the mainstream political discourse.

Whether he'd take over from Sunak I'm not sure, perhaps he'll wait a bit nearer to the 2029 election and see the status quo a couple years before then. Lets see. What your thoughts on it, Drone?

I really couldn't give a toss about the fate of the Tories post-election, and have not given any thought to what the phoenix will look like should one rise from what will hopefully be a furnaced pyre of fused ashes. Depends to an extent on how well Reform do at the GE I guess

Labour will inherit a particularly toxic poison chalice and I wish them well, though I'm hardly enamoured of the crew

World events might make considerations on the domestic front irrelevant anyway

Sorry, nothing more constructive to offer

Yes I'm in good form thanks, Drone.

I've been doing a lot with local radio. A lot of news stuff. It seems to be going well.

Re-the Tories. I don't care either truth be told. Being a betting man I think 20/1 is interesting. Apart from that, no positive feelings about it.

Sagittarius and my name is Drone

Sometime poster and longtime lurker

Does a guy called Warbler still post here? Something of a politics guru with many interesting posts on Chit-Chat
Hi Drone, it's good to see you back after a very long sabbatical.

Warbler/Alun fell out of love with racing many a moon ago. I've not seen him post on any of the political threads anywhere for a very long time either. We were still in touch when he moved back from Oxford to his native Nottingham (via a swim in the canal after a long session in his local I seem to remember!), and I presume he's still floating around there involved in some department of the civil service. I lived in Australia for a few years and lost touch with him when i was over there. If he ever looks in, which I doubt, perhaps he'll be persuaded to say hello.

Back