Jockey News

Dr Adrian McGoldrick on JT McNamara: "He has been put in an induced coma and airlifted to the regional spine unit where he will be scanned"

That's right Cruella, that in itself is worrying as that hospital is renowned for dealing with serious head injuries.

Earlier Davy Russell suffered a spontaneous punctured lung which he's had to have drained. It's quite serious, might need a small operation and he can't travel home.

Earlier Davy Russell suffered a spontaneous punctured lung which he's had to have drained. It's quite serious, might need a small operation and he can't travel home.

Didn't Carberry have something similar a few years back? He was discharged from hospital and was heading home on a horsebox but stopped into the nightclub for a bop before he did. I doubt Russell will do something like that.

It's been a bad couple of days for injuries but JT's potentially sounds very worrying and really puts things into perspective, I'm just hoping there's some good news soon.

It's put a cloud over the whole meeting for me. It was awful listening to what was happening on the radio and slowly realising the severity of the situation. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Best wishes for a good recovery and thoughts are with his family and friends, as others have said, something like this just puts everything in perspective.

Loved my day at Cheltenham today, but this news about John Thomas' accident has just spoiled my evening. My thoughts are with him. Even an atheist can't pray!

Davy just tweeted

Thanks for all the kind messages feeling much better now being well looked after thanks 2 doctors at racecourse

Back