Novice Chasers 2009/10

Guest_

At the Start
Do we know who is definitely going over fences or staying hurdling?

Crack Away Jack, Mikhael D'Haguenet, Weapon's Amnesty, Diamond Harry,Punchestowns, Blazing Bailey, The Midnight Club.

Of those not confirmed I could see Jered, Cousin Vinny, Osana, Ashkazar, China Rock, Mad Max all go chasing while the likes of Fiveforthree and Venalmar will hopefully be back in action to go chasing.

Lots and lots can happen between now and next season but on paper that looks a really promising bunch on paper.

Somersby ran a great race in supreme and goes over fences next season with Arkle being the planned route

Wouldn't have thought of Jered going chasing personally. Interesting to hear what Trackside thinks. Fiveforthree might run at punchestown and hopefully we will see him over fences next season

I'd guess Willie will send one or two of his bumper crew straight over fences

Dunguib will go hurdling next season

With Binocular still there for the Champion for the owner, I'd see no point in keeping Jered hurdling. Built like a chaser.

The Midnight Club looked like a potential candidate for the 4 miler - given the strength in the G1's his trainer has for next year and the way he ran on Friday I can see him being in that next season.

Not sure Martin. He would certainly have preferred a stiffer test but worth remembering that the race was run at a very moderate gallop.

No decision yet on Jered, but I imagine he'll be going over fences. Shapes like a really nice jumper of a fence, which is one of the reasons I can't see him ever hitting the top over hurdles.

Looks a really promising bunch overall. Fingers crossed.

Bensalem and Pride of Dulcote, too.

The joys of racing. This season is still going and we're already looking forward to the next. :)

It's not original but Mikhael is the one I'm looking forward to most.

Pandorama is another one who could turn out to be a top novice chaser next season.

Bensalem is to stay hurdling I think? Fascinating contender for the Stayers Hurdle if he does run.

If that's true, that's disappointing. I thought it was Karabak who could be going down that route. I'm sure King said he couldn't wait to send Bensalem over fences.

Thought King might have been losing the plot there! :D

Irish novice chasing would seem to have a good deal of strength in depth for next year - the likes of Clan Tara and Head Ofthe Posse wouldn't be all that far behind The Midnight Club and China Rock.

Seems like we say this every year though...

Thought King might have been losing the plot there! :D

Irish novice chasing would seem to have a good deal of strength in depth for next year - the likes of Clan Tara and Head Ofthe Posse wouldn't be all that far behind The Midnight Club and China Rock.

Seems like we say this every year though...

Definitely did last season and now you have an Arkle and a RSA winner, despite a fair few being injured.

Even at this ridiculously early stage, it looks very good for next year.

Captain Cee Bee was due to go novice chasing this season before being ruled out through injury. He could be another interesting one if he comes back fit and well.

Yeah, well remember Trip...he is pushing on in age though.

Above all, this Cheltenham more than anyother had me wishing it was Cheltenham 2010. So much potential on show this year.

Cooldine , Cousin Vinny, Sommersby and Crack Away Jack are the ones I am more interested in for next season.

Mikael D'Haguenet, Glencove Marina and Fiveforthree for me of this years novices. Will be good seeing Diamond Harry over fences too :)

We'll be sending Kimberlite King over fences next season and his form is looking better after Cheltenham. On his second last outing he would have finished second to Mikael if it was any other track other than the inside one at Punchestown (Fosters cross was second and we beat him 5 lengths the previous day). His last outing saw him beaten by Go Native and Roberto goldback (who previously beat Weapons Amnesty at Leopardstown) with Oligarch Society behind.

Time will show that we have been mad to keep him at 2 miles as he is going to be a three miler chaser in time but we can dream of next season. He's certainly got the size for it if he jumps a fence.

Diamond Harry will go novice chasing in October, maximum of three runs before a crack at the RSA.

Alfie Sherrin - really nice horse agree with you Katharine - saw him win a Fontwell and was very taken with him.

Back