TEST

Olympic Glory, Lockinge Day

15fjfpw.jpg

Good ones mate. Here's a couple from Fernworthy Reservoir. The horse looked pleased to see me :)

30bcl01.jpg

103x0mq.jpg

I've told you before that I don't ask for autographs, but if he asks me I may oblige :lol:

Anyway, not sure if I'm going now, waiting to hear from someone.

Good ones mate. Here's a couple from Fernworthy Reservoir. The horse looked pleased to see me :)

30bcl01.jpg

103x0mq.jpg

A memory rekindled Wolf, thanks

It must be well over 30 years ago now since I walked from Fernworthy reservoir,via the plantation to Teignhead Farm and thence onwards to Hangingstone Hill and Cranmere Pool on the heights of Dartmoor; it was a rather hot midge-laden day in August and if memory serves that same holiday I went racing at Newton Abbot

Dartmoor has long had a special place in my heart and one of my treasured possessions is a battered 1960s edition of William Crossing's Guide To Dartmoor with a Cranmere Pool letterbox stamp on the endpapers

Glad to see you are indeed undead old chap:)

Cheers Drone, Dartmoor is indeed a splendid place.

A few pics from NA today coming up...

The living legend that is AP McCoy

11sz91k.jpg

Dickie after his easy win on Lamb or Cod

fxtst2.jpg

And Dickie Johnson again telling Terry Warner just how easy it was

1232v5l.jpg

Not sure what Leglock Luke was asking Johnson about Lamb or Cod, but expect that it was interesting

2isgoci.jpg

I liked the look of the Pipe horse in the opener... unplaced :D

34erl3c.jpg

2mpj5aw.jpg

No mate, placepot still intact till 5th leg where I stuck a couple of outsiders in. It paid less than a tenner in the end for those who just stick the fav in every leg.

Just noticed that my date stamp is right, but time stamp seems to be an hour slow. So you won't find me criticising the TRF clock again ;-)

Yes the photos, it seems that the time hasn't sprung forward. I could change it manually but can't be arsed. Think I'll do what David does on 'his' forum and wait till October to 'fall back' ;)

Dartmoor - Various

Hound Tor

33ddrgw.jpg

Jay's Grave

2cht2k8.jpg

Big Chair

2uh0qwi.jpg

Haytor
kezo68.jpg

2d94944.jpg

Clapper bridge at Postbridge

idhwki.jpg

Can stop here for a drink or meal. Or stay the night in one of the guest rooms that are all named after Grand National winners. Think it's got other horse racing connections as well

2v8jqec.jpg

2mnkbav.jpg

Widecombe-In-The-Moor Church, also known as the Cathedral of the Moors.

2afzndh.jpg

28upqx2.jpg

Dartmoor - Various
Clapper bridge at Postbridge

idhwki.jpg

I've been trying to find the photo of me on that Clapper Bridge from circa 40 years ago, but to no avail. If I do locate it, 'twill be scanned and posted. Meantime, thanks for the memory Wolf:)

I wasn't familiar with "Jay's Grave", so looked it up.
What an interesting -- and sad -- story behind it.

Back