The 2023 'Should be odds-on' thread

Geezus what a crap ride from Wedge....had loads in hand 4 out and sta there like alooney instead of using his speed...gets the next hurdle totally wrong and immediately he's on the back foot.

If that had been someone like Paul Townend he'd have gone on miles from home instead of playing Lester.......cost me 15 quid the fkr

Aintree 2.20 - Zenta 5/4 - has a minimum 12lbs advantage on ORs so if she can reproduce her festival run something will need to make extraordinary improvement to beat her.

Last edited:
Aintree 2.20 - Zenta 5/4 - has a minimum 12lbs advantage on ORs so if she can reproduce her festival run something will need to make extraordinary improvement to beat her.

Well done (through gritted teeth as I was on the runner up)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers, guys.

Didn't exactly win like she had 12lbs in hand, to put it mildly, and even Mrs O said at one point, "I don't think your horse is trying," so we'll see how the form works out.

Still, the filly has covered all today's outlay.

Cheers, guys.

Didn't exactly win like she had 12lbs in hand, to put it mildly, and even Mrs O said at one point, "I don't think your horse is trying," so we'll see how the form works out.

Still, the filly has covered all today's outlay.

Is that an automatic reaction on her part, rather like you saying "yes dear, your hair looks lovely"

To be honest, it's extremely rare that she's in the same room (or even house) as me when the racing's on so she's watching it as a total innocent.

And I couldn't be arsed asking her why she thought it looked like it wasn't trying. I presume it was because they jockey was doing nothing.

Probably. I actually like Masekela for this at a price and took 14s ew but he's drifted to 25/1 - not a good sign. However he's also 9/1 without the front two in the market, Taken that.

Probably. I actually like Masekela for this at a price and took 14s ew but he's drifted to 25/1 - not a good sign. However he's also 9/1 without the front two in the market, Taken that.

Trainer said he would come on massively for the run in the ATR stable tour out this morning. Where is the betting market without top 2?

Sandown 4.35 Iceo 2/1

Ouch. That really hurt. I was unsure Cobden was giving him a good ride but he came through looking all over the winner until seemingly running out of stamina, contrary to what the trainer seemed to expect. The football bets won't even cover this one :(

Back