The gallops this morning.

Scaramanga

At the Start
If you fired a cannon ball through that gap in the middle of the trees you'd probably scupper Frankel's chances in the Juddmonte... :D

WH1.jpg

Last edited:
Great photo!
I read an article many years ago about these gaps in the trees on hilltops. Apparently they are often deliberate way markers and some of them are very ancient, but can still be seen.

Great photo!
I read an article many years ago about these gaps in the trees on hilltops. Apparently they are often deliberate way markers and some of them are very ancient, but can still be seen.

This particular gap is where the Moulton Road passes through the woods walsworth. There are a lot of ancient 'ways' around the local countryside though, so I'm sure you've got a point.

Gorgeous photo.

It could well be that today's road follows the route of an ancient way marker.

Thanks EC1, I'm glad you enjoyed them. I am currently using a Nikon D200. A bit outdated now I suppose, but a decent old camera all the same.

I found a few more shots of Frankel in my files recently. I like the mischievous look on his face here. :)

frankelth.jpg

Lovely picture of Frankel! So excited I'll be seeing him in the flesh next month! Dunno if I'll have my good camera with me though or if Ill get close enough for it to be worth it.

Lovely picture of Frankel! So excited I'll be seeing him in the flesh next month! Dunno if I'll have my good camera with me though or if Ill get close enough for it to be worth it.

I've got my ticket for Ascot too, but I'm expecting it to be even busier than York. I took the full camera kit to York but couldn't get close enough to get any really decent pictures. I'll probably take the Nikon again though just on the off chance.

Cant wait! :)

Back