The Sweet Shop

barjon

Conditional
Wow, so many horses I like out today, I’m like a kid in a sweet shop dashing from one jar to another and at a loss how to spend my sixpence.

Fortunately, I’m away and haven’t the time to look at anything in any calm and considered fashion, so it’s only headline thoughts.

12:55 Ascot
Immortal - Henderson loves this horse, but a rotten price.

1:50 Wetherby
Luccia or Kateira eany, meany, miney , mo - Henderson reckons he’s had this race in mind, Skelton having a slow time of it at the moment.

2:05 Ascot
Boothill or First Flow - Harry Fry reckons he’s prepared him for this race, whilst Bailey only runs FF sparingly when it matters.

3:00 Wetherby
Can’t really see past Bravemansgame, but too short for me. Worth taking a chance on Ahoy Senor who is unpredictable, but could make it difficult if bringing his A game. 5/1 is tempting.

Loads of others, but just have to hope they run well enough to earn black type in the notebook, preferably without winning!

Immortal ran a decent race, but nothing to write home about. Need to watch him again.

Luccia didn’t pick up from her run behind the winner last season. She was said to be up for it, so the prospect of her turning the tables any time soon is pretty remote I think.Kateira seemed to need the race, like a lot of Skelton’s at the moment.

Boothill was pretty impressive and First Flow wasn’t heavily pressed in second.

Ahoy Senor made a bad mistake which finished him off - you simply can’t rely on it not happening again - and Bravemansgame ploughed through the last which cost and was a really tired jump - Nicholls said that he wasn’t as fit as they thought.

Back