Welcome to the New Forum!

MisterB

Administrator
Staff member
So here it is - the upgraded Talking Horses forum. This is still a work in progress since there is a lot of editing that needs to be done in the back end, but here we are.

Some things you will notice:

There are many more forum areas that need to be populated - this will be done over time with new posts and moving older threads into these areas.

We now have User Groups:

At the Start (registered member - these are members that are merely registered and have not been posting yet).

Once this person has posted 3 times they get promoted to Amateur Rider.

Once that Amateur Rider has posted 50 times at least and has been a member for 90 days they become an Apprentice.

From there it goes on:

Conditional
Rookie
Journeyman
Senior jockey

These are being worked on at the moment - I will try to get these sorted by tomorrow. The main thing is to get this forum up and running.

If you run into any glitches or problems, pleas post any buggy stuff here:

Thanks!

And please keep in mind, this is work in progress, but we are getting there. :D

By the way - the Blogs are turned off until tomorrow. I still need to sort them out :thumbsup:

There are still a few hiccups - one has to do with the Private Messaging - we are sorting out this part of the database to restore these messages - hopefully by sometime today. :thumbsup:

With regards and in relation to the private messages. I am going to look at importing them into the user accounts of the new forum database late this evening.

This will entail me closing the forum for posting beforehand, so as I can take a full backup, just in case I need it!

I've tried to access the forum on my phone, using Tapatalk as before but this just returns an error when I try to access Talking Horses. Is Tapatalk the right way or is mobile access different now?

And I can’t find my emoji button using my iPad....

Attachments

• 015C5D89-3191-4B99-81AF-D15C6A2A4189.png
    015C5D89-3191-4B99-81AF-D15C6A2A4189.png
    391 KB · Views: 1
Hi Viking!

You no longer need to use Tapatalk - that's only used for vBulletin. You can simply access this forum from any browser, and it works fine. :thumbsup:

And I can’t find my emoji button using my iPad....
When replying to a message, please click the second column of the three dots to open the text attributes menu. There you'll see the emoticon icon thingy on the left. :)

Screenshot_20240423_221755_Firefox.jpg

Haven't posted here for years . Used to be more of a Final Furlong man , but they went down a different route and I lost interest . Kept looking in here occasionally to see how Gigilo was doing , but eventually settled elsewhere . Really the style of the site as presented wasn't at that time sufficiently appealing - now looks much more like it. Trouble is I need to last long enough to make a few more posts !

I like this - can’t wait to see how many banned people come back to cause havoc again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: like the others have said up there :lolup: looking good so far ( and no pop up adverts thank god !!)

I like this - can’t wait to see how many banned people come back to cause havoc again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: like the others have said up there :lolup: looking good so far ( and no pop up adverts thank god !!)
Damn! I forgot the pop-ups, thanks for the reminder. ;)

Haven't posted here for years . Used to be more of a Final Furlong man , but they went down a different route and I lost interest . Kept looking in here occasionally to see how Gigilo was doing , but eventually settled elsewhere . Really the style of the site as presented wasn't at that time sufficiently appealing - now looks much more like it. Trouble is I need to last long enough to make a few more posts !
Great to see that we've got a doorman on here to keep out the riff-raff

Back