What are you listening to...

webzcas

Administrator
Staff member
Testing out the new forum software and layout and this is a more than appropriate thread to start. Completely unrelated to horse racing, but something that I think everyone loves, music...

Music thread? I'm sure everyone's seen this but I could watch it on loop - The Sound of Silence by Disturbed

Not heard of them before. Will fire up Spotify in a bit and check some of their tracks out

Not heard of them before. Will fire up Spotify in a bit and check some of their tracks out
One of the most iconic opening lines ever
Hello darkness my old friend... First time I've heard this shouty cover of it 4/10

Testing out the new forum software and layout and this is a more than appropriate thread to start. Completely unrelated to horse racing, but something that I think everyone loves, music...

I love watching and listening to live music. It is such an art when performed well. I will be giving them a listen on Youtube.
Here are another band who do great covers. Performed at my local venue.....

I love watching and listening to live music. It is such an art when performed well.
You and me both. Now the pandemic is fully in the rear view mirror now, started attending gigs again last year. Has actually become something of a hobby recording highlights on my phone and editing the resultant footage.

This is Cardinal Black who I saw in December. They were and are different class, so much so already have tickets to see them in November later this year.

Music thread? I'm sure everyone's seen this but I could watch it on loop - The Sound of Silence by Disturbed

The lead singer does a lot for mental health causes.

I think that Timmothy B Schmidt has a great voice and comes across as very unassuming

A big thumbs up re. ROFM although I wish that Emily was still with them.
I agree but maybe she had other plans during their last tour. I did see them during their last tour and the new lass does a pretty good job. Jess Harwood has gone from that tour to performing with The Classic Rock Show over in the USA and transitions really well I think.

You and me both. Now the pandemic is fully in the rear view mirror now, started attending gigs again last year. Has actually become something of a hobby recording highlights on my phone and editing the resultant footage.

This is Cardinal Black who I saw in December. They were and are different class, so much so already have tickets to see them in November later this year.

Only listened to the first track. Some guitarist there!
Here is a band I have struggled to get tickets to see. Performed live. They take a modern song and transform it to either jazz,soul,swing,folk and others.

Only listened to the first track. Some guitarist there!
Yeah Chris Buck, privileged to be so close to him from the stage. He has jammed with Slash in the past, who rates him as one of the best up and coming guitarists.

Here is a band I have struggled to get tickets to see. Performed live. They take a modern song and transform it to either jazz,soul,swing,folk and others.
Ah a cover of Heart. Are you into Prog rock at all? One of my favourite genres of music, but then I am a massive Pink Floyd fan, unfortunately never saw them live. I did however, see David Gilmour and the opening night of the Rattle that Lock tour back in 2015 in Brighton. First time I have ever cried at a gig - Comfortably Numb of course was the culprit. That song holds many dear memories to me and invokes a lot of feelings.

Ah a cover of Heart. Are you into Prog rock at all? One of my favourite genres of music, but then I am a massive Pink Floyd fan, unfortunately never saw them live. I did however, see David Gilmour and the opening night of the Rattle that Lock tour back in 2015 in Brighton. First time I have ever cried at a gig - Comfortably Numb of course was the culprit. That song holds many dear memories to me and invokes a lot of feelings.
I'm liquorice allsorts type but my fave is rock music. I've even been know to enjoy a bit of classical and of course this...

Went to a funeral on Monday, we walked into the crematorium to the sound of Comfortably Numb - Andy always did have class.

Went to a funeral on Monday, we walked into the crematorium to the sound of Comfortably Numb - Andy always did have class.
My uncle's funeral back in 2018, Alex now in his 20's flew back from Berlin for the funeral, Alex was taught how to play the guitar by my uncle when he was a kid. As we all filed into the crematorium, Alex was sat outside, guitar in hand, playing Wish You Were Here. The first ever thing that Karl taught him to play.

Needless to say, there were not many dry eyes by the time everyone was seated for the service to begin.

I agree but maybe she had other plans during their last tour. I did see them during their last tour and the new lass does a pretty good job. Jess Harwood has gone from that tour to performing with The Classic Rock Show over in the USA and transitions really well I think.

She does indeed, but Ann Wilson an impossible act to follow

Back