Forum Horse Connections

Thanks all.
Another disappointing run if not beaten too far.
She just paddles when coming under pressure; reminds me of my attempts to swim; lots of splashing but little forward progress.
Suppose I would feel worse if I had spent a % of 105k as a yearling as opposed to part of 1500 last month.
I was never too keen with US Navy Flag as a stallion with his racing fittings, tongue tie and blinkers but there you are.
Let's see what awaits.

The King Of Ryhope will run in the Grade 2 Towton at Wetherby on Saturday. I'd expect him to run a big race. Currently the course is heavy with soft patches, so given the forecast there's a good chance he'll get his favoured soft ground.

Harry is at Warwick, so either Fergus Gillard will ride, or we'll get the best available, Brooke, Quinlan, or Harding depending on their commitments.

The feedback from Fergus was the back straight was holding, tacky ground, and he wasn't acting on it. As soon as he hit the bend and the home straight he picked up again and was travelling sweetly and jumping for fun. He thought when he hit the straight for the final time he was travelling the best of them, but the ground took it's told and he emptied before the last. He said on the right ground he rode like a graded horse, and it would be no bother staying in the grade.

Dan and I haven't discussed it yet, but he might get a few pounds off from the handicapper, and if so we can win a 0-130 withover-weight, or we can run in a valuable handicap off close to bottom weight too. Lot's of options, and we'll have to have a sit down and decide what we think is best.

Aside from all that he came out of the race and trotted up fully sound on Sunday morning.

Thanks all.
Another disappointing run if not beaten too far.
She just paddles when coming under pressure; reminds me of my attempts to swim; lots of splashing but little forward progress.
Suppose I would feel worse if I had spent a % of 105k as a yearling as opposed to part of 1500 last month.
I was never too keen with US Navy Flag as a stallion with his racing fittings, tongue tie and blinkers but there you are.
Let's see what awaits.

It just looks like an exercise in time and experience Eddie. She'll find her way, the penny will drop, and away she'll go.

Happier with today's run but still beaten 4lengths.
Too far at this distance to hope for anything other than 1 place per 6 starts.
Apache taught us the difference each length from victory meant re places/starts ratio and 4 lengths is too damn far to be beaten.
Anyways , a first world problem we can get over easily enough !
Getting two runs in a week sure beats waiting 2 years to find out one cannot stand up to training, regardless how good it looks.

A horse I’m a syndicate for is entered on Saturday in the 8th race at Randwick - he’s called Plundering - trained by Annabel Neasham. Despite having me on his list of owners he’s not terrible ( yet !) so fingers crossed for him [emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have kept a good NH name alive trudi; fair dues and best of luck

Not me, but that was a small amount of why I liked him so much [emoji16][emoji16] plus the four whites and a blaze [emoji7]

301ab5a0b766932ca709fc7bf07c2667.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The King Of Ryhope runs in the 2.30 at Aintree on Saturday. Currently favourite, and his price is probably a fair reflection of his chance if the ground is soft or better.

My mare (well the mare who keeps my horse company and is on loan) Parstara has her first offspring to run under ruled called Springtime Legend, declared on Monday in the last, a bumper. She’s had one runner in a point to point (but that was tiny and given away) but this was the filly by Blue Bresil. The friends decided to keep her in the end and she makes her debut for Neil Mullholland where she was originally broken in.
It’s just a run I think as she’s four and needs to have an outing to learn what everything is about before having the summer off. She’s well thought of by the trainer so hope she runs a nice race.

Absolutely thrilled with the run today. She’d been a little fractious in the lorry on the way down but behaved beautifully once there and I thought was the spit of her mum in looks. Still not 100% in her coat and it looked like she’d come on for the run too.
Travelled really well throughout the race and it was only really when she came off the bridle that the inexperience told. Had a good blow afterwards but took the whole experience really well and Sam T-D v positive after the run as was Neil Mullholland. Initially they had only planned the one run and turn her away for the summer but she may have another in a couple of weeks. I’d strongly fancy her next time too.

The next offspring of my mare ran yesterday in the first at Fontwell. Well it’s actually Springtime Legends older brother but he’s a great goat of a horse so he’s taken a while to come to himself. Yesterday was a case of let’s see if he’s got an ounce of ability as otherwise he’s off to become a riding horse (or giraffe!) :LOL:
He’s called Lord Chips and in training with Anthony Honeyball.

He actually ran pretty well. Over an inadequate trip (2m6), over hurdles which are too small for him and over the wrong sort of track. He finished third and travelled well for a long way. Again like his sister he wasn’t fully tuned up and his temperament was exceptional throughout the day.

Now the owners have a dilemma as they were thinking of getting rid of one (they also have decent pointer, Wolf Walker) But Lord Chips too looks like he could be a fun horse and win the odd race so what to do?! Nice problem to have though and I’m so pleased. The friend only lost his wife to cancer just over a year ago and these three horses have had such a positive impact on him.

Back