What are you backing Today? Part 2

Auguste Rodin looks a laydown in the KG,imo,and I've had the f/c Rebel Romance to finish an honorable 2nd.
Passenger ought to win the Skybet,but there's the slight doubt it may be a looksee for the Juddmonte.

I backed Auguste Rodin at longer odds when Troy was in the betting so that's a little plus.

I am backing him again today but only because of my liking of big races.

The smart thing to do would be to back Chancellor in the 4.15 instead who is at similar odds and looks a much safer bet.

I have been warned :D

Auguste Rodin looks a laydown in the KG,imo,and I've had the f/c Rebel Romance to finish an honorable 2nd.
Passenger ought to win the Skybet,but there's the slight doubt it may be a looksee for the Juddmonte.
I agree Passenger should win today but as I said weeks ago SMS would wait to find the easiest race he could for him.

To be frank if City of Troy goes Juddmonte there's not a cat in hells chance Passenger will run.

He'll be kept in cotton wool found another winnable race and packed away to stud asap imo

I think Auguste Rodin is pretty average by Group 1 standards so the RP cover bugged me, hope he gets beat. Can't decide on an alternative as I do like Bluestocking but not sure she's a 12f filly.

Bets are Billyjoh in the International and Friendly Soul in the fillies race, her run at Newmarket reads very well and I can forgive a bad run at York, she hated the place. The fav I always want to be against Godolphin (at least Appleby) fillies. I may back Two Tribes in the last at Ascot but would prefer him over 6.

Does anyone keep track of B365's enhanced price offers?

I'm very sceptical about bookies in general so when they do this it sets alarm bells ringing.

Today they're offering 9/2 rather than the advertised price of 4/1 about Rebel's Romance for the KG.

Have they heard something negative about it or are they trying to get money to balance the book?

My own view is that 4/1 was an each-way steal with three places on offer, not unlike Elite Status last week when it was still 4/1, but now I'm worried :confused:

He's clearly being raced to enhance his stud value and losing the odd race to inferiors is common place for Coolmore (eat your heart out,White Birch), and ratings have little consequence in that objective.He's a top class prospectregardless

Does anyone keep track of B365's enhanced price offers?

I'm very sceptical about bookies in general so when they do this it sets alarm bells ringing.

Today they're offering 9/2 rather than the advertised price of 4/1 about Rebel's Romance for the KG.

Have they heard something negative about it or are they trying to get money to balance the book?

My own view is that 4/1 was an each-way steal with three places on offer, not unlike Elite Status last week when it was still 4/1, but now I'm worried :confused:

Losses negligible so dodged a bullet by not going win only.

Decent run from Sunway for a 50/1 shot.

Tuesday, Goodwood 4.10 - Lord Riddiford 15/2 - Hacked up by over three lengths last year in the race they actively train him for and is only a pound higher this time round. The opposition might be better this year but three lengths equate to about 10lbs so he's got a huge safety margin. I expect the odds to halve by the off. Not many bookies are pricing the race up but if any go longer than 15/2 not only will I be surprised, I'll be going in again!

Tuesday, Goodwood 4.10 - Lord Riddiford 15/2 - Hacked up by over three lengths last year in the race they actively train him for and is only a pound higher this time round. The opposition might be better this year but three lengths equate to about 10lbs so he's got a huge safety margin. I expect the odds to halve by the off. Not many bookies are pricing the race up but if any go longer than 15/2 not only will I be surprised, I'll be going in again!

Well, he did go in to 5/1 in places but with the ground seemingly fast he's drifting like the proverbial.

I've been unable to resist going in again at 12s.

Alan King has said the ground has plenty of juice in it and isn't worried about it for Trueshan.

Dutched Saint Roi and Pinkerton in the Plate. Both stepping up in trip, both punted each way in a tough race naturally. Considering a place lay on In Excelsis Deo who this track will not suit.
Good luck with these two. I’ve had a bit each way on French Dynamite. Hoping he can recapture the form from the 2022 Paddy Power when only narrowly failing to give Ga Law 6lb. That one’s rated 154 now and FD gets in off 147. He may have gone at the game but happy to pay to find out at 25/1

Today I'll de doing

Winterfair 7.55 Sandown 7/1 Ew

Fancied this lto but the race was a farce run at funereal pace. I'm hoping that I Love Paris will lead at a decent pace here.

5.05 Galway
Daddy Long Legs seemed to have trouble cornering last time out at Tipperary but going well enough until clouting 3 out. He’ll hopefully be much more at home on this track and 10/1 looks good value

Back