1 Horse for 2011

Ikorodu Road will make up for his misfortune in the fog at Newbury (far enough clear when he fell at the last to be alongside the winner crossing the line), to run up a sequence of impressive chase victories which may or may not include a stunning victory in the Topham Trophy at Aintree.

I assume that he will not be asked to go for the RSA but he can certainly win a major prize this season. If the ground remained on the soft side, he could be an Irish National candidate, but with the race taking place this year in late April, the chances of cut in the ground is a lot less than would normally be the case.

I would be seriously interested in Quito De La Roque in the Irish National on soft ground as well. I could also see the Welsh National suiting him down the line. The RSA is a pipedream though ~ far too slow for that.

There's almost certainly more to come from him, primarily due to the fact that he is virtually totally unexposed over fences granted a serious test of stamina, having always shaped (look no further than his dour success in a Fairyhouse handicap hurdle run on absolutely atrocious ground last April) that staying will very much be his forte.

Last edited:
Back