1st Race At Newm Of Friday

Originally posted by EC1@Nov 3 2007, 02:04 PM
virtually identical situation at ayr today..they left the result the same..absolute joke
I noticed that too. I don't think anyone would mind much what the rules were, so long as they were applied consistently! As so many discussions on here go to show however, people watching the same race can and do regularly come to diametrically opposed conclusions

It didn't look too bad to me on seeing the replay, Seb is entitled to feel a little aggrieved.

If it had been a Formula 1 race, they would have disqualified the owner and trainer and allowed the jockey to keep the race.

:laughing: @ Venusian

As I understand it, if two horse just touch in a finish..and the one causing the contact has done so by comming off a straight line..and the winning distance is a SHORT HEAD...then the horse loses the race.

It probably is no such thing...because there is no way us brits can ever have anything so simple..it just must be overcomplicated to make the stewards feel powerful...but it would seem fair to me if it were how it is decided.

No Rory, was a tongue in cheek joke,

Dante could have made a few quid but obviously bottled it. His/Her Identity will still remain a mystery.

It's not fair to take money off someone so lacking in knowledge chrisbeekracing :laughing:

Back