2 Milers - The road to the Queen Mother Chase (Latest acceptors Feb 12th)

Mullins much more likely to run Great Field, who would do a better job of taking Altior off his feet anyway. UDS wouldn’t have the pace nowadays, I don’t reckon.

3 of his last 4 wins were at 2 miles -still got the ability to run em ragged over the shorter trip in his ground..to me that is what he is and always has been a Dunkirk style 2 miler

"Footpad entered but doesn’t run (NAP)."

I believe you are right . I will be very surprised if Footpad isn't targeted at all the top 2 mile races. Surely Munir and Souede will have a bigger input in to where the horse goes compared to Ricci who in my opinion is 100 % steered by Willie and Ruby.

Last edited:
Most owners, unless they are egotistically stupid or don't want winners, accept what Willie says. If they don't, it still usually goes his way. Footpad was going to run at Aintree last season but suddenly developed an injury that kept him out but allowed him to go to Punchestown.
I'd be surprised and disappointed if Footpad wasn't in the QM in March but all entry avenues will be kept open.

Most owners, unless they are egotistically stupid or don't want winners, accept what Willie says. If they don't, it still usually goes his way. Footpad was going to run at Aintree last season but suddenly developed an injury that kept him out but allowed him to go to Punchestown.
I'd be surprised and disappointed if Footpad wasn't in the QM in March but all entry avenues will be kept open.

Hope Michael O"Leary isn't reading this Archie :D

Fair play to Harry Whittington for taking Saint Calvados across, but think it will be a similar result to March with him just setting it up for Footpad

Speaking to Jim Barfry of Supreme Racing yesterday Cadmium may be a 2 mile Chase contender if winning Drinmore Chase , his last chance to win in Novice company. Currently rated 149, if would be a dream come through if he makes the leap to QMCC and Kemboy starts in Gold Cup.
Kemboy a Ladbrokes Gold Cup possible if skipping Clonmel Oik next week

That was as bad a ride as I have ever seen Ruby give a horse. Horse made several dodgy jumps and he waits until the last to challenge.........stupid comes to mind

I tend to agree with Granger. When good horses get beat in the big one trainers tend to get them very fit early the next season and win what they can while the going is good. The New One is a classic example and the The Betfair Chase horse...forgot it's name

Wonder did Willie deliberately leave Footpad a few gallons short to justify a step up in trip

Well he didn't teach him to jump like this

a1jpjr.jpg

Back