2000 Guineas

Hope I'm posting in the right place! I'm not waiting for the trials, I'm just gonna post my selections now and hope for the best - hopefully I won't be :shy: tomorrow!

Raven's Pass

Jupiter Pluvius

You're making me feel stupid now.

I am going with the view that they really want to win the Guineas, they have three good colts, and Rio del Plata is probably the worst of the three (I know you disagree).

I don't like the fav. At the risk of being a fool, I will take the prices.

Originally posted by Bar the Bull@Apr 17 2008, 10:09 PM

I am going with the view that they really want to win the Guineas, they have three good colts
That`s logical, and i think Coolmore would run all three if they had them but Crisford mentioned the Poulains for one of them. They seem convinced Ibn Kaldoun is their best animal, and maybe he`s improved and strengthened more than the other two over the winter - but on form lines through City Leader he is their worst chance.

Originally posted by Euronymous+Apr 18 2008, 05:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Euronymous @ Apr 18 2008, 05:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bar the Bull@Apr 17 2008, 10:09 PM

I am going with the view that they really want to win the Guineas, they have three good colts
That`s logical, and i think Coolmore would run all three if they had them but Crisford mentioned the Poulains for one of them. They seem convinced Ibn Kaldoun is their best animal, and maybe he`s improved and strengthened more than the other two over the winter - but on form lines through City Leader he is their worst chance. [/b][/quote]
I disagree that Ibn Khaldun is their worst chance. I also disagree with the form line through City Leader, yes it was a bad run in the Craven, but not all 2 y-o's train on. plus the form of Meehans runners is questionable.

Having beaten Curtain Call, who Cumani has bought into as a potential stallion prospect & is being trained for the Derby, he was only beaten 3L by New Approach. I think he has excellent form. Then again i am going to be biased, as im on at a high of 219-1 down to 10-1.

Guys, do any of you mind if I move some of these posts into the main 2000 Guineas thread?

Nope.

Also, i`m really surprised HRA is considering bypassing the Guineas with Twice Over. There is nothing wrong with the race as a trial for the Derby.

I think New Approach is by far the likiest winner but I will go for Henrythenavigator..20/1 with William Hill.

I'll take Ibn Khaldun at 13/2 and I'll take a flyer at the the unexposed Perfect Stride at 25s.

Back