2009 Older Horses

Guest_

At the Start
Now not the jumpers!

But O'Brien has confirmed Yeats and Soldier Of Fortune as two to stay in training next year.

Ravens Pass hopefully is another, anything else?

I so hope that Raven's Pass stays in training and wins every nice race at 1m2f! I've seen a comment somewhere (here or FF I think) that the horse has been retired to stud but I am sure that was premature, not least as since that it has been reported in the RP that no decision has been reached.

Nice list so far. One of the reasons this last flat season was so poor was the dearth of decent older horses. That`s why it was so mundane between the Classics and the Autumn.

With Yeats and Septimus still likely to both be around next season I will accept them not running Septimus at Ascot and allow Yeats is place in history but if both are in good form they must surely clash at Goodwood?

Famous Name is another to stay in training.

With Yeats and Septimus still likely to both be around next season I will accept them not running Septimus at Ascot and allow Yeats is place in history but if both are in good form they must surely clash at Goodwood?

I wish O'Brien would see the light and prepare Yeats for a Champion Hurdle campaign....

Vision detat continues in training.

Montmartre is the one I want to see next season, I think he is the best horse I have seen this season.

I read today somewhere that Natagora too will stay in training, hope that is correct, too tired tonight to go trawling and checking

It's some list - will compensate in a measure for the usual anti-climax in April

Monsiegner is to be aimed at a flat campign in the belief that it will bring him on for a crack at novice chasing in '09

Mad About You and Katiyra are both staying in training. I would be dissapointed if at least one of the two did not pick up a Group 1 next year.

Back