Big year for me in that I turn 60 (I know, how do I still look this good?) and in a month step down to reboot a new career after ~36 years building quite a comfortable life through Silicon Valley tech companies investing in Ireland. It's a great decision, carefully made, but I am, as they say in the part of Northside Dublin I come from, shittin' it. One of my fears is that injury prevents my golf, squash and cycling plans. I've suffered from back muscle problems for years, done all the medical stuff etc and then 6 months ago somebody casually mentioned tumeric with black pepper capsules as a remedy. Within two weeks my pain had eased and within a month was playing squash twice a week having been on/off for about a year.

I mentioned this to an eminent heart surgeon I know well and he laughed patronisingly at my gullibility. Ironically we were playing squash at the time.

Would you try yoga or anything equivalent for general wellbeing?

When you get to Vietnam (I'm here now) you'll find it everywhere for drop in visits

I got my mum to start taking fish oils (good quality not supermarket) and glucosamine and her pains and aches have never been better

I also feed my dog fish oils by the way and anyone who meets her asks how her coat is so shiny

Back