Tanlic

Senior Jockey
Is it just me or is this the most boring flat season ever? Hopefully it will turn the corner but so far nothing has me in the least bit excitedly

I'm loving it personally - I think some people (not necessarily the OP) don't like any season the narrative of which is outside their traditional frame of reference, a 2,000 Guineas won by something that ran at Kempton on the AW multiple times, for example, or a champion 2yo that didn't turn out to be all it was cracked up to be.

Anything but boring for me so far.

I can't remember the last time I had this good a start to a season.

And the London Gold Cup the other day should throw up a number of future winners.

Bring it on!

Amazing Simmo ....I just don't see where the top class horses are coming from this season.

Horses currently rated 125 or more by Timeform:

129 Auguste Rodin
128 Kyprios
126 Alflaila
126 Emily Upjohn (f)
126 Luxembourg
125 Anmaat
125 Continous
125 Inspiral (f)
125 King Of Steel (out for now)
125 Master Of The Seas
125 Rebel's Romance
125p Notable Speech

OK, that suggests there are no superstars but that list is not too shabby for starters.

Then there's likely improvers, eg Passenger (124p), so there's a fair chance we'll have a 130 or more horse on our hands by the end of the season. I wouldn't be too negative about things for now.

Rosallion makes more appeal than any of them imo..be amazed if he is beaten tomorrow....should be 4/9 We need City Of Troy to save the season

By Blue Point -the stiff Curragh mile mightn't be ideal.
Rosallion is obviously the most likely winner, but I have always considered the mile at The Curragh to be more testing than the Rowley Mile (gently downhill the first 7f then only against the collar from the dip) and I think there are better odds-on chances.

I think Haatem is likeable, improved from two to three and improving with racing generally.

He's the value imo.

Hatem ran a blinder thanks to his jockey.......despite winning Sean Levey's ears will be ringing when he gets home.

Sat too far off the pace and only the horses class saved his bacon

Anyway recouped recent losses, good to be back in business.

Hope he meets the Guineas winner again, I'd fancy him to reverse placings

Haatem is a lovely colt who just keeps improving with racing - I thought that was a cracking race and some sustained run from the winner to get up.

Can't believe Spencer didn't hold on.In a way it reminded me of Royal Academy in the 1990Irish 2000Guineas -one of my first big bets -looked all over the winner until he ran out of steam in the last 20 yards.

The joys of being in Thailand is you don't always get the news as quick as you guys....I see now that Rosallion is due to clash with Notable Speech in the St James's Palace Stakes. Comes as no surprise and neither does the fact the Paddy (pretending to be a bookie) Power is offering 7/4 Rosallion while others offer 5/2 and 11/8 Notable while others offer 6/4. He banned me some time ago because I was winning too much but I often ask myself does anyone actually bet with him anymore?..rant over

Can't believe Spencer didn't hold on.In a way it reminded me of Royal Academy in the 1990Irish 2000Guineas -one of my first big bets -looked all over the winner until he ran out of steam in the last 20 yards.
Scared the shit out of me Luke. When he turned it into a sprint I thought he had it won

Best horse won though right!

Always looked like he would pick him up to me.

I bet Haatem win only (even though it was the "dead eight" with an odds-on jolly) and I was still living the dream a furlong out.

Really impressive sustained finishing burst from the winner and I think the 2,000 Guineas form is decent.

The Ascot rematch with the Appleby horse will be fascinating. Fancied the Hannon horse that day but saw the winner last off the bridle and was oh ok.
Not convinced the winner today will reverse the form but it should be a great race.
Throw in Henry Longfellow who had no run in France. He is the fly...

The lack of interest in the Irish 1000 Guineas and the Tattersalls speaks volumes to me.

Aiden's horses are running well without winning although I thought Auguste Rodin ran up to something near to his best

I certainly wouldn't want to oppose White Birch this season that was the best performance seen so far and by some way.

Agree about the ride Rosallion got. The sectionals suggest he is better than the bare form. I wonder if he couldn't go the pace, which might suggest moving him up in trip.

Back