3.15 hamilton

gigilo

Senior Jockey
Backed save the bees at 3/1 price has gone now 5/2 the race looks worth following especially the first three as the time of the winners race was quicker than that of unknown rebel winning off 69 by .26.Tomorrow save the bees off 63 and claiming 5 pounds,the form has been franked by the second only rated 46 yet only beaten 3ls in a maiden by the guru of gloom rated 72.
Twentytwo shortkid beaten over 12ls in that race came out tonight and won also,think the second and especially the ollie pears horse will be extremely well handicapped.

...no time for punctuation ... must study form ...

If one can overcome the lack of punctuation, it's a (disappointingly) strong case constructed, if factually correct (and I've no reason to doubt it), which is nice to see on the forum.

I think you would have traded into a profit every time, or most of the time, but to get the full benefit, you needed to be on his e-mail list. Details presumably to follow.

Fine to spend time studying form, and fine to make as much money as you want, but if you’re going to bother posting your views on a forum you need to make them intelligible to readers of said forum. Otherwise you might as well not bother – stick to forming your opinions and trading accordingly, rather than sharing them.

What am I supposed to be doing with these horses anyway? Backing them and then laying them once the price shortens? Are they likely winners, or just likely ‘shorteners’?

Are they just posted here in the hope that people will back them, hence shortening the odds and turning it into a self-fulfilling prophecy? (Or ‘ramping’ as it’s commonly known.) If so, I’ve got a few shares I’d like everyone to buy...

Are they just posted here in the hope that people will back them, hence shortening the odds and turning it into a self-fulfilling prophecy? (Or ‘ramping’ as it’s commonly known.) If so, I’ve got a few shares I’d like everyone to buy...

Betfair .... Ladbrokes ... ? :)

It's a good point you make. Sometimes tipping lines, firms of punters create the illusion of value by shortening up the one they're backing. The price moves because of demand and not necessarly because the price is wrong. Overnight markets are rife for this sort of movement as the trading principals will be far less in the middle of the week average racing. Boyles went 7 from 8 from 12 a couple of months ago went I sent a casual text that the price looked big; a mate had €200 e/w and the price nearly halved.

Too much credit?

How viable would it be for a sad and miserable soul to watch the early market moves on oddschecker, spend 10 minutes putting together a viable case for an early mover and post on here claiming the original price, in the hope of adulation being bestowed upon him (or her)?

Of course that's not the case here as in the 8.50 thread giglio pasted a copy of an e-mail that proves beyond any shadow of doubt that this is bona fide.

Too much credit?

How viable would it be for a sad and miserable soul to watch the early market moves on oddschecker, spend 10 minutes putting together a viable case for an early mover and post on here claiming the original price, in the hope of adulation being bestowed upon him (or her)?

Of course that's not the case here as in the 8.50 thread giglio pasted a copy of an e-mail that proves beyond any shadow of doubt that this is bona fide.

It is amazing how easy you find it to put yourself into the mind of a sad loser.

Fine to spend time studying form, and fine to make as much money as you want, but if you’re going to bother posting your views on a forum you need to make them intelligible to readers of said forum. Otherwise you might as well not bother – stick to forming your opinions and trading accordingly, rather than sharing them.

What am I supposed to be doing with these horses anyway? Backing them and then laying them once the price shortens? Are they likely winners, or just likely ‘shorteners’?

Have a bit of respect. He is a professional gambler (does that mean he wears a suit as he types?), and he has made 300k a year on this.

It's a good point you make. Sometimes tipping lines, firms of punters create the illusion of value by shortening up the one they're backing. The price moves because of demand and not necessarly because the price is wrong. Overnight markets are rife for this sort of movement as the trading principals will be far less in the middle of the week average racing. Boyles went 7 from 8 from 12 a couple of months ago went I sent a casual text that the price looked big; a mate had €200 e/w and the price nearly halved.

Exactly - it doesn't take much to move a price in an illiquid market, so it would be fairly easy to engineer a horse shortening in price.

Or, as highlighted by Melendez, just pick one that has already started to shorten. I'd imagine a fairly high percentage of horses that shorten from 10-1 to 9-1 go on to shorten to 8-1.

You guys make me laugh talk about cynical,i've been on another forum before this with many a tipsters will latt who seemed a decent bloke and ermm fryboy who lest said the better.But even with tipsters on there there was never so much rubbish banded around,especially accusing people of trying to drive prices down what a waste of time that would be.And to be calling people sad losers as well when you don't even know them,the post i made was just pointing to formlines that stood out nothing was mentioned about trading.I backed it ew at 3s and when it drifted and no i didn't do any trading so lost on the race.previously i've put 5/6 trades on here i think 5 showed a profit and the 33/1 shot slight loss.I won't be putting anymore trades up as you're so suspiciously minded and i rarely do them anyway i was just pointing out horses that would be backed and they were!!There will bo no asking for emails and perhaps you won't be so quick to judge as you're a million miles out,if i put a post up about any particular horse it is form related simple as that and i expect it to run well and i've backed it.Try just asking something positive instead of thinking everones got some scam going!!

Bar The Bull can be very harsh but at the same time very fair. When he calls me a tool I go off and reflect on what I've done wrong.

Back