7f listed race Kempton 8.20 Wed

davidjohnson

At the Start
Some interesting (and not so interesting!!!) declarations for this. Why is Lyons putting up McNamara on Dohosa when he can't claim? Thought that looked the most interesting runner and likely winner to be honest with Dunelight not showing enough last time on the back of a 15-month absence.

I believe Mc Namara gets on really well and gets a tune out of the horse moreso than other jockeys that have ridden him. Hezz may know more on it..

No, nobody gets on better with the horse more than Keegan Latham. But he may be back in South Africa for xmas. If he's not then i'm not sure of the reason.

I wouldn't see Emmet Mac as a negative personally. He's more than capable of getting the job done if the horse is there to take his chance.

Indeed. Any reason why Flame?

The simple reason is it seems people are not very good at reading race terms any more. Racing Uk who sponsor the race put up £8000 as part of the 48hr declaration scheme with it split evenly between every runner.

£666.67 is basically being given to every horse that runs, so the £200 entry fee and thee £110 jockey fee, means a £356 profit to every horse. However Vanadium is not right so he is a non runner, which increases the sponsors purse to £727.27 to every runner.

My outgoings on race are 3 X £200 entry fee, + £220 in jockey's fee's. I also get 10% back off them as i am using my own riders. Transport to Kempton is £150.00, so I pay £100 of that with 2 out of 3 in the box. So it's £920 outgoing for me tomorrow.

Paid £1,454.54 for running, of which 80% of that is received, so £1,163.63 less £920.00 = £243.64 profit for a night out, which will increase again if any further non runners.

Also Stargazy hopefully runs Friday & he always runs better when he has had a quick run before hand, so this should set him up nicely for a race I will fancy him to win.

For my sins I actually am expecting a good run from Know No Fear, his last run as a bold effort on figures and this run should keep him going nicely for a 6f race soon, when I firmly expect his fortunes to change.

Vanadium all being well will run in an apprentice race on January 6th, when I'm torn between Holly Hall & Caroline Kelly for the ride.

Hope that satify's people for an answer, and I've tried to be as honest as I can.

Last edited:
The simple reason is it seems people are not very good at reading race terms any more. Racing Uk who sponsor the race put up £8000 as part of the 48hr declaration scheme with it split evenly between every runner.

£666.67 is basically being given to every horse that runs, so the £200 entry fee and thee £110 jockey fee, means a £356 profit to every horse. However Vanadium is not right so he is a non runner, which increases the sponsors purse to £727.27 to every runner.

My outgoings on race are 3 X £200 entry fee, + £220 in jockey's fee's. I also get 10% back off them as i am using my own riders. Transport to Kempton is £150.00, so I pay £100 of that with 2 out of 3 in the box. So it's £920 outgoing for me tomorrow.

Paid £1,454.54 for running, of which 80% of that is received, so £1,163.63 less £920.00 = £243.64 profit for a night out, which will increase again if any further non runners.

Also Stargazy hopefully runs Friday & he always runs better when he has had a quick run before hand, so this should set him up nicely for a race I will fancy him to win.

For my sins I actually am expecting a good run from Know No Fear, his last run as a bold effort on figures and this run should keep him going nicely for a 6f race soon, when I firmly expect his fortunes to change.

Vanadium all being well will run in an apprentice race on January 6th, when I'm torn between Holly Hall & Caroline Kelly for the ride.

Hope that satify's people for an answer, and I've tried to be as honest as I can.

I see you're not telling us how far you expect Stargazy to win by on Friday, keeping all the info to yourself, typical.... :)

Well done on reading all the fine print on the race conditions, Flame! If I had a promising filly I wanted to sneak black type with, that's just the sort of race I'd want my trainer to search out for her - so many trainers can't be bothered and forget some owners still are looking for the catalogue page rather than the betting coup.

On a sort of related matter,it never seizes to amaze me how many non qualifiers you see in these 0-55 classified races.
They are for horses that have had no more than one win and yet trainers still enter horses frequently that have won multiple races.
Mind you wish I was involved in a horse that was a non qualifier for such events.

On a sort of related matter,it never seizes to amaze me how many non qualifiers you see in these 0-55 classified races.
They are for horses that have had no more than one win and yet trainers still enter horses frequently that have won multiple races.
Mind you wish I was involved in a horse that was a non qualifier for such events.

Don't I Know it, having entered Vanadium & Know No Fear in one at the last meeting !!!

What's your horse in the 9.20 Arkwright, are you going ?

No runners at the mo,just meant that as one of ours is a maiden and lowly enough rated he would qualify for such races if there was one suitable.

Reggie is the lost hope of my girlie groom, Rosie and his official title is BLACK DRAFT. I have absolutely no idea why she wants to burn money every month with the useless yak but if there is a God of Horse Racing up there and wants to make someone's lifetime, then if they wouldn't mind letting Regger win a Class 10 race somewhere, that would do it for Rosie....

I bred the bloody thing and gave him to her four years ago. He's a good-looking, slightly back-at-the-knee black gelding by JOSR ALGARHOUD and would probably have more chance over hurdles if she'd only take the risk with him. Which she won't. His dam's a half-sister to SAWA-ID and SIR TALBOT.

I wish Alastair would've bunged one more in - you-know-who! (She's in another 6f at Kempton on the 21st instead.)

So what's the thoughts on the race?

At a general price of 6/4 i can't see how Dohasa is any value considering he and Dunelight are officially rated 109. I would have thought the recent outing for Dunelight would have him spot on and can't really understand the marked difference in prices.

Though i'd be confident enough that Dohasa will take the beating, the reward doesn't seem to warrant the risk at the prices.

Hi Flame

A sharp bit of business there, but if Alan Berry did the same I'd be giving him plenty of flak so it would be hypocritical of me not to mention it. As long as they come back safe and sound and don't get in the way, I guess there's no harm done. Good luck.

Yes I never dreamt Dohosa would be a 6/4 poke. Didn't think Dunelight showed enough after an absence to support with confidence so will throw a few quid at Himalya. Noseda only keeps those that will pay their way going on AW throughout the winter and this horse looks to have got the freshness out of him that was preventing him from settling when he came back in the autumn. His last 2 runs at this trip suggest he should be as effective at 7f and I don't think he has too much to find with the best of these whilst he's obviously far less exposed.

Dunelight is expected to come on tonnes for the run apparently. He was very fresh on his return, and at least we know now that he handles the surface OK. I think he's a class act, and a relatively good bet at current odds.

I'm delighted for Emmett Mac. Good ride. I couldn't help myself to a small bit of 2's on betfair earlier this afternoon on Dohasa and had a small back to lay.

Back