7f listed race Kempton 8.20 Wed

Dunelight is off to Dubai. Apparently he still needed the run yesterday, which makes his performance all the more creditable.

Indeed Dohasa is off to Dubai Gal. As is Palazzone and Ohiyesa. Very solid horse as you say. Straight forward, genuine and consistent. Travels well through his races and has a nice turn of foot. You know what you're going to get from him.

Very encouraging run by Dunelight if he needed it BennyB.

Your working hard Hezz!! Like myself. Less pay means less work! Looking forward to seeing what Lyons horses can do in Dubai this year.

And Black Draft ran a PB in the last suggested a small win could be in the offing

I didn't see the race, but as someone who used to pay toward his keep when he first raced (indeed on his first ever race behind Angel Sprints who was 3rd) I am surpised and pleased that he ran so well yesterday and almost grabbed a place. When I saw him back on the racecard last year I was even more surprised as he hadn't really shown much on the track when we had him before, though his 2nd run behind Indianne Star at Lingfield showed he had some speed.

To be honest, when I saw him racing again I thought there was an appropriate winner of his race on 4th June 09 for connections...result

I never expected to see him out on the track again, either! But Rosie was finding him a bit too much to cope with as her riding horse (which he was for two years) and she asked me if I would let her race him again. To be honest, I thought he was going to try hurdling but the trainer was convinced he wouldn't stay, so off on to the Flat again he went!

In all fairness, Rosie did say on Tuesday that no one was able to anchor him on the gallops at the moment and he looked amazing but this is in all probability as good as it's going to get.... !!

He did have some speed as a 2yo but just never trained on. Pity.

He always looked the part going down the horsewalk at Lingers, even if the result belied the looks! Bless him - always bouncing, ears pricked, with a 'bring it on!' attitude.

Back