At the Start
Kids these days dont know what good cartoons are like

Transformers
Thundercats
Dungeons and Dragons
He-man
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors
(and my girlfriend says Care Bears!!!!!!)

These were quality cartoons and there is nothing to compare them to these days

The best cartoons have been made in the past ten/fifteen years, but for the most part have been for an adult audience.

Certainly 'Top Cat' (aka Sgt Bilko) and Dangermouse worked at different levels, as indeed the Simpsons does today. Tin Tin had it's moments too. I personally liked Spiderman, but that just reflects my age rather than anything that would stand the test of time, as I'm sure it would be no different to 101 of these Japanese manga type things. Stop the Pigeon was another early 70's fav

Reminds me of some dreadful pub question I got asked the other day. Everyone knows the one about the actors in the Magnificent Seven by now, and I can reel them off thus. Got tripped up on the competitors in Whacky Races though, managed about 7 or 8, and although I could envisage some of the cars, it was damn hard work trying to remember their names.

Originally posted by ovverbruv@Sep 16 2007, 12:45 PM
Kids these days dont know what good cartoons are like

Transformers
Thundercats
Dungeons and Dragons
He-man
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors
(and my girlfriend says Care Bears!!!!!!)

These were quality cartoons and there is nothing to compare them to these days
How dare you forget

BERTHA

:)

Bertha wasn't technically a cartoon though was it, more an animation similar to Morph?

I agree Warbler - Dangermouse was & is superb. Watch it again today - it's utterly hysterical, especially Penfold's character & how Dangermouse interacts with him.

Starring David Jason as Dangermouse and Terry Scott as Penfold, (who incidentally bore an uncanny resemblence to Roy Jenkins - then leader of the SDP)

dart1_info.jpg

Well I'm mildly impressed that we've managed 15 posts on the subject (albeit with some totally unworthy nominations) and no ones sunk to mention the one that nearly always comes up when childrens/ adults cartoons get discussed. Congrats all round.

Originally posted by Epona@Sep 17 2007, 09:21 AM
Hong Kong Phooey was a favourite of mine :)
Good work, epona.

If Henry the mild mannered janitor hadn't got a mention, I was going to have to put the Kowloon Razzle-Dazzle on someone ass (if you don't know what that is, just look it up in your Hong Kong Book of Kung Fu).

Thankyou Happy Jack - I was just starting to despair....

Albert the fifth musketeer was good too!!

(and Im also a dangermouse fan!)

oh yes - and Ivor the engine..

Back