Advice About Car Insurance Please

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
K

Kathy

Has anyone got advice about the best company to insure my car through, preferably on-line. I have had a company car for a while and now am insuring a car of my own, and I am not sure who is the best company around now as there seem to be so many to choose from.

Any advice gratefully received.

Kathy, I shop around every year - and since I went to More Than (or as they, slightly annoyingly put it: More Th>n) three years ago I have kept withnthem. prior to that I was with Direct Line, who always quoted the keenest rates, but even they can't beat More Than. I have my no-claims bonus covered for life too.

Just one thing - if you need to register the car as used for business then they won't want to cover it.

Try visiting:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com

I always shop around but my local insurance office always undercuts the best offer - even online ones. Esure won't insure you if any proposed driver has had a claim in the previous three years (might be more).

Be careful to check out excesses etc. too for a true comparison.

Re NCDs, when I wrote off my car a couple of years ago, I had 'protected NCD' yet a number of firms quoting me for renewal, while maintaining my 70% discount, had bumped up the premium to start with.

Good Afternoon
SAGA have looked after my wife and i for a number of years.

Of course,we are both over fifty,i seem to be pulling away though.

Saga is one of many that I try each year (yes, I know it's hard to believe but I qualify too!) and the last time their best quote was £150 more than, er, More Than.

Brian- my car (for personal) use was a KIA Pride 1.1 ltr.

My Wife had a VW POLO 1.4 ltr

Cost around £250 (1995) for both with saga. (fully comp for the POLO)

From what i have gleaned from this site,you could probably get a Kia Pride in the boot of one your cars and,i would be surprised if you knew anyone that admitted to owning a POLO.

:D

Because I gently tapped the back bumper of a 'people carrier' (wtf else is a car supposed to carry - a family of buffalo?) on the way to R.Ascot last year, I've been lumped with £100 extra penalty, bringing the total insurance for my 9 y.o. 1.6 Proton to £400 with Corinthian. They're already a month past paying this back to me as they promised would happen after the year deadline - having first told me it was a six months' deadline to any claim. Considering the Seat's driver didn't even get out to look, and had open bottles of champers on board, I'm not surprised he hasn't claimed.

I think I'll go for More Than, Brian - I recall you recommended them last year, and if you've stayed with them for three, they must be doing something right.

It costs me 120 quid a year to insure my banger for anyone over 25 to drive - result!!! B)

As my brother is an insurance broker I always get a good deal - bless 'im, he has to serve some kind of a use! :lol:

It's that time of the year again. :(

I went with Direct Line (thanks, Brian)and they have been excellent. Any more good deals around I should try for a quote?

I've recently got my Pa set up with insurance from Marks and Spencer. They were the cheapest of any I tried, with breakdown cover and keycare included (and the quotes it was cheaper than didn't include either.)

I'm with Swiftcover and so far they've been excellent. I've got glass cover on my policy and when I had a broken window they sent RAC out to my house to replace it on the driveway. A very stupid woman crashed her Frontera into my poor innocent car in a car park last week :angy: The bullbars scraped and dented most of one side of my car, from just above the rear wheel arch to part way across the drivers door :angy: She left a note with her details under the wipers, admitted full responsibilty and since I contacted Swiftcover they've been really helpful. I've had no trouble at all with them.

I have found Confused .com very good. You need to get a quote during office hours though because a lot of them go offline from 5pm onwards.

Confused .com

Back