Aintree Accommadation

del boy

Senior Jockey
It has just been suggested that 4 of us should head to Aintree next week. Short Notice I know, but im coming around to the idea. Is it too late to do this on a budget or is it still possible?

All ideas are most welcome, places to stay, dos and donts.

Try to get an apartment between the 4 of you. Some of the lads got one sorted very late two years ago. Hotel rooms will be very expensive. Mount Pleasant apartments are near the train station, and will probably cost ye around £75 per night each if 4 of ye share.

Taxis are often a problem that weekend, so if you are staying far out, be prepared for a long wait or a fight to get a taxi at 3am. This may have improved in the last few years, but it was a real problem years ago. Being buckled doesn't make taxi drivers more likely to pick you up when you're wandering down the docks at 4am.

Try to get an apartment between the 4 of you. Some of the lads got one sorted very late two years ago. Hotel rooms will be very expensive. Mount Pleasant apartments are near the train station, and will probably cost ye around £75 per night each if 4 of ye share.

Taxis are often a problem that weekend, so if you are staying far out, be prepared for a long wait or a fight to get a taxi at 3am. This may have improved in the last few years, but it was a real problem years ago. Being buckled doesn't make taxi drivers more likely to pick you up when you're wandering down the docks at 4am.
If you stray too far up the hill near Mount Pleasant you'll see some eye-opening sights too :)

Better to stay in the City Centre if you can - MP is a great idea, easily walkable in 15 minutes from anywhere from the Albert Dock through the city centre, if staying out of town and the nightlife isn't that important there's plenty of large towns around there with easy train access, hotels and a decent Friday and Saturday night.

Looks like for 4 of you in 2 rooms you can do it for £190 each from Weds night to Saturday night at the Travelodge in Liverpool City Centre - about 200 yards from Lime Street Station and about a 7 or 8 minute walk to Liverpool Central (the line you need for Aintree racecourse).

Cheers lads, still all up in the air, hard to get anything definate when in work and trying to get three more lads opinions on board.

Other options are to wait for the Guineas in Newmarket or to go to a match in Barcelona. Still thinking..

Cheers lads, still all up in the air, hard to get anything definate when in work and trying to get three more lads opinions on board.

Other options are to wait for the Guineas in Newmarket or to go to a match in Barcelona. Still thinking..

I'd say you would be better off in Barcelona - skips much more comfortable there I've heard.:ninja:

They're really big, with cosy lids, too - just watch the municipal collection doesn't haul you away to the dump at 6.00 a.m., when you're fast asnore inside.

The hotels in Liverpool and Southport will be very expensive at this late stage. I would consider looking out towards Hoylake or Birkenhead, which are less than an hour away from the track by train.

Chester's a nice place and has plenty of hotels, but it's that bit further.

This is quite a good site for UK accommodation:
http://www.laterooms.com/en/k162949...rt=2-0&distanceUnit=Kilometres&currencies=EUR

An hour from the track by train is no good to delboy, unless he's catching the first train in the morning. He'll be jiving on Seel Street all evening, I would imagine.

Back