Aintree - friday

EC1

On a break
have layed Finians Rainbow @ 2.46..beaten both times when tried beyond 2m1f except against weak oppo..all best form on a sounder surface too

also laying Silviano Conti ..2.94..... 1 win from last 6..doubtful stayer...beaten at short odds in most of em...

Last edited:
Moon Over Miami is my selection in the Topham. 11yo now but the good runs always seem to come after being dropped a few pound in the handicap. I'd like to see Kennedy try and make the pace with him or be right up there, I think he'll run better that way. He's the win or be pulled up type but worth a shot at the prices.

And yes, he is trained by Charlie Mann.:)

Last edited:
Absolutely. I'd have thought Evs was closer to the mark, but his setback probably pays its part in the price. I can't see how a horse that demolished Simonsig can be 6/4 in this race.

Last edited:
Just like Al Ferof was 6/5.....a lot of skinny ones get beat here. I would be a backer at that price though. Managed to steer clear today but that may tempt me in the morning.

Usually short priced horses that have come via Cheltenham though, right?

Finian's Rainbow
19Jan11 Newbury ( 17 Sft ,RPR159 )
We are going two mile and we are staying at two miles and he could really do with a lead and better ground Nicky Henderson, trainer.
14Mar12 Cheltenham ( 16 Gd ,RPR174 )
We thought about going up in trip but quickly put a line through it to stick to this. When he is really good he is a two miler.- Nicky Henderson, trainer

On anything firmer than proper soft ground, Albertas Run ought to win this doing handsprings.

Last edited:
He will do. My two bets for tomorrow are Albertas Run and Fingal Bay. My only one today was Hinterland and he unfortunately fell, hopefully we can get back on track here.

Sounds like Liverpool has missed most of the rain that has plagued Manchester - Alberta's Run should be too good for Finians and Fingal's Bay should hack up and Menorah suggests good things for the yard's form.. Shame the Mersey is only a Grade 2 and they are skipping a rematch.

Frankie Figg 3.40 (or Frankie Feeegg-mexican style- as his name has been become corrupted by those taking it out on my attachment to the horse) is a great horse to watch at Aintree and I am chuffed he went to Nicholls also that he will be riden by Ruby. Hopefully potential becomes achievement and excitment-always there with this one- becomes exhilaration.

I think Wishfull Thinking is a great each way bet at 11/1.

There was nothing between Wishfull Thinking and Finians when they clashed
earlier in the year and both top two in the market had hard races at cheltenham.

Hopefully Wishfull Thinking is ok after his fall.

8 runners with a 100/1 shot in it means only 7 with a chance.

I think Wishfull Thinking is a great each way bet at 11/1.

There was nothing between Wishfull Thinking and Finians when they clashed
earlier in the year and both top two in the market had hard races at cheltenham.

Menorah winning yesterday shows the stable is in good heart and of course he won at the meeting last year. The fall LTO is a concern but it's factored into the price.

Sickened after yesterday- having backed both Cape Tribulation and Edgardo Sol at Cheltenham...neglected to follow both in again:mad::mad:

One bet today- Aimigayle in the Topham hopefully to blaze a trail from the front.

Interesting Stat re form of Henderson yard;

Last 14 Days.
Trainer Runners - Wins - Places
Nicholls 32, 13, 16
Henderson 34, 4, 8

Last edited:
Always Waining form over the big fences is unreal 5 completes from 6 and won todays race last two years and 4th three years ago.

12/1 with bet365 e/w 5 places will do for me.

11-y-o now is the only negative.

A lot of thoughts echoing my own here.

Initially I wanted to be with Silviniaco Conti but having gone through the race i'm not so sure he;s a definite stayer and whilst I have similar doubts about Champion Court I thought he ran a blinder at Cheltenham and if they set off in front again i'm not sure they'll catch him.

Alberta's all day long for me in the Melling.

I really like Triangular in the Topham but at bigger prices i've got a feeling both Paradis de Thaix and Rio Gael could run well.

If Vulcanite settles I think he could shake up Darlan. Pulled way too hard in the supreme but was still bang there travelling well two out before emptying after the last. If he settles the course should suit and e/w I think he has a good chance.

Wishfull Thinking is the bet of the meeting. It is a very weak race apart from the favourite, who I don't rate too highly.

If Finian's fails to run his race for whatever reason (distance, hard race LTO) I would fancy WT to pick up the pieces.

Why Arklow Ger, Relkeel?

Given that it is my third favourite race over the famous National fences, I am itching to have a bet on the race, but I can't find an angle.

And I didn't get where I am today by following Scotsmen without a reason to do so.

Back