Aintree - Thursday

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
I'll be in attendance and it looks a smashing card. The Betfair Bowl looks a cracking renewal:

Riverside Theatre - 4/1
Burton Port - 9/2
Medermit - 6/1
Hunt Ball - 7/1
Nacarat - 10/1
What a Friend - 12/1
Master of the Hall 16/1
Diamond Harry 20/1

33s Bar

In looking for an angle here all I can come up with is that Nacarat and Hunt Ball are way underpriced and the front two look fairly solid. My old mate Diamond Harry is tempting at 20s.

Completely bored with Big Buck's and hope he gets beat. Surely he should be tackling the Aintree Hurdle on the Saturday?

The Juvenile Hurdle looks a cracker.

I like hunt ball. I think he can step up into this company. Riverside theatre was poor enough over his fences at Cheltenham and had a very very hard race.

I think the top 3 in your list for the Betfair Bowl look excellent. And I would back Medermit purely for the reason that he is the longest price of the three. I think there will be money for What a Friend, but I don't like him.

Foxy Rebecca Curtis will win the Foxhunters' Chase.

I think Riverside Theatre will improve for 3m and will take the beating if he's over his Cheltenham exertions. I couldn't have Burton Port.

What A Friend might be a big price. I'd certainly have him shorter than Nacarat for example but don't particularly like him.

I'd love it if Hunt Ball won though. Fantastic.

Last edited:
I'm going Thursday and possibly Friday.
Re Hunt Ball you are probably right but he could easily have another 10lb in him.Did me a good favour when he won very easily at Cheltenham where he appeared to be a totally
different class to the rest of the field.
On balance I'll probably back him again, though to a lesser extent. just because I would like to see it happen and he has put money in my pocket.

Riverside theatre was poor enough over his fences at Cheltenham and had a very very hard race.

I love Medermit but have had two heart breaking punts on him this season and find it hard to justify going in again. But he is the type to take more racing than both the front two in the market.

I think BP bounced at Cheltenham and is one i'd avoid for this season at least.

Was surprised by RT's toughness at Cheltenham and 4/1 is more than a fair price

Hunt Ball the interesting horse in this race for me

Im there all weekend, fully plan to back Hunt Ball agani - and i agree, he made the mob at Cheltenham look like platers.

I'll be the soggy looking one in the white shirt :)

How many times have we been stung by a Cheltenham kick back at Aintree. Has to be a concern with RT

Been to the Thurs of this meeting once and i think its the weirdest racing day of all. I know and like Liverpool as a city but it just feels like such a strange place for NH racing and when there it feels like its taking place in the middle of a trading estate on the outskirts of Slough

Its better on TV

I think 3m at Aintree is ideal for Riverside Theatre, trip could be on the short side for Burton Port though. I'm not convinced that Hunt Ball is good enough.

After mucho thought I'm wading in on Medermit and covering with the favourite. The Ryanair form looks the best on offer and I'd like to think the King horse might get round without making any errors. Something that has been a feature of his races.

had a very hard race at Cheltenham
preference for right handed tracks
won't stay 3 miles 1 fur particularly on a slow surface
record from April to end season = 43F

Fair enough. I don't think you can definitively say he wont get 3miles though and he is in all likelihood in the best form of his career

Fair enough. I don't think you can definitively say he wont get 3miles though and he is in all likelihood in the best form of his career

its a furlong more than 3..and its a long way home when they turn in..its flat but you do need to stay at Aintree

no one can say anything definitively about the game really..but he has never been campaigned like he stays 3 miles..never mind 3miles 1

at the odds..i would rather place lay him than back him to win

he had an incredibly hard race at Cheltenham..and Thursday is another very large ask..the race is very competetive imo

Back