Aintree tipping competition

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
If there is enough interest will run a just for fun ( unless anyone's feeling generous :whistle:) tipping competition this week at Aintree, rules as per the Royal Ascot ones of previous years

Rules

The competition is open to members registered with the Talking Horses Forum

One selection each day in each race at Aintree, Thursday to Saturday, with one of your selections noted as your nap.

Reserves can be nominated but must actually be named, no nominating “the favourite”.
Any entry which includes “the favourite” will score zero points for the relevant race(s).

Selections must be in by the start of racing each day which is 1.40pm Thursday and Friday and 1.30pm Saturday.

Please check here for non runners before placing your selections

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Non_Runners/

Points Scoring

Winner = 12 points
Second = 7 points
Third = 3 points
Fourth = 1 point

Points are scored for first to fourth places regardless of the number of runners and regardless of whether the race is a handicap or not. In the event of a dead heat both horses will be awarded the full points for the relevant finishing position.

Bonus points will be awarded as follows

6/1 SP or bigger= Double Points
12/1 SP or bigger= Triple Points
20/1 SP or bigger= Quadruple Points
33/1 SP or bigger= Points Multiple by Five
66/1 SP or bigger= Points Multiple by Six

PLUS

One NAP per day earns double any points, including bonus points, scored by that selection.

The person with the most points, including any bonus points, after the three days will be deemed the overall winner.

In the event of a tie the winner will be decided by a point competition using the same rules based on a subsequent one day meeting mutually convenient for those involved.

Any disputes my decision is final.

Val de Law
Hargam (nap)
Menorah
Rock On Ruby
Twirling Magnet
Dresden
Kayersberg

Last edited:
Thanks for this DG

1.40 Josses Hill
2.15 Hargam
2.50 Smad Place
3.25 Jezki
4.05 Big Fella Thanks (nap)
4.40 Darwins Fox
5.15 Dawalan

Good luck everyone

Mrs Toffee has just given out a cheer, got me excited but hold on gents, it was a cheer that I will spend another couple of hours in the kitchen with my beautiful, no grief laptop, a laptop so warm at times and has never told me in an angry voice "get back to bed"

I shall enjoy coming last in this comp, so please don't hijack my position in life - it is well earned.

Last edited:
Any entry which includes “the favourite” will score zero points for the relevant race(s).

Sorry for the confusion, but as some selections above include the race favourite makes me question if i'm understanding this correctly or not.

example
2:15 Hargam

Isn't this selection "the favourite"?

Vibrato Valtat NAP
Hargam
Ma Filleule
Rock On Ruby
Last Time Dalbain
Baby Mix
The Tourard Man

Last edited:
Sorry for the confusion, but as some selections above include the race favourite makes me question if i'm understanding this correctly or not.

example
2:15 Hargam

Isn't this selection "the favourite"?

That rule is just for reserves, i.e. if your 1st selection doesn't run and instead of nominating a reserve you just put 'the fav'.

Thanks Darren, just been too busy work, family, life etc this season has been a bit of a write off

1.40 Vibrato Valtat
2.15 Bristol De Mai
2.50 Silviniaco Conti
3.25 Jezki NAP
4.05 Pacha Du Polda
4.40 Claret Cloak
5.15 Clondaw Kaempfer

R1 - Josses Hill
R2 - Hargam
R3 - Silviniaco Conti (N)
R4 - Rock On Ruby
R5 - Warne