Alan Berry

Anyone see the 7.20 Wolves? Interesting race, kindof race you can see from the days betting pattern and trainers involved what's going to happen... Berry had the original favourite at around 5/2, won 2 days ago and won well, out under a penalty but with a claimer on board, drifts to 4/1 on Betfair early evening while 2nd Fav is backed 4/1 into 3/1, Berry horses opens at 4/1 on course, drifts to 6/1, bigger on exchange, 2nd Fav backed into 7/4 and wins, Berry horse out with the washing! As I said, interesting!

I actually advised this as a max lay to alot of people yesterday and also out a thread up on Jamie's forum to lay it.

It amazed me that the horse had won a very bad race yet was favourite despite being very badly drawn and also had people even looked it had run twice previously on the all weather and was hopelessly tailed off in both starts having not handled the kickback.

Sometimes I wonder if punters look at form or draws when backing horses. I made a good few quid out of this and I would hazard a guess anyone with a decent formbook would have noticed it had no chnace from draw on a surface it had failed to handle twice before.

I hate it when people go saying "wasn't off" or "stopped" when something finsihes out the back having drifted from favourtism.

Maybe the reason it drifted is because more people look deeply into form than just look at its latest form figure.

Very good post Chris. It's not always a plot - just incompetence!

It's surprising how bad some trainers are at placing their horses.
Some refuse to believe theirs don't go on the a/w, too :what:

There are also a select group of people stateside who don't want horses running on polytrack as it causes laminitis (so they say)

Did anyone else read the tear-jerking interview in today's Racing Post?

I think Berry genuinely believes that the Hillside Girl saga is to blame for the decline of his yard.

At no point does the article even suggest that Berry being a thoroughly sh*te trainer might also have been a factor.

Personally I can't see th point of having a horse with a trainer who looks like a very well-used doormat. Or dog rug. Or summat.

Back