Amy Winehouse

Very sad really about young Amy. I just know that one day I'll wake up to the news that she's been found dead over night. Saw that programme on her recently (I rarely watch tele) but found it to be a very sympathetic portrayal and one that was just laced with a sense of self-fulfilling ineviatable tragedy waiting to happen. I was actually struck by the fact that I thought she remained a fundamentally decent and talented individually who can't cope and has something of a self-destruct streak in her. Found it all rather sad really, as I don't believe this is a particularly unpleasent person deep down, but just someone whose too easily led and becomes hopelessly devoted to what ever turned her head last.

Saw an old J Ross programme when she was younger and she was very pretty and had weight on her, no tattoos and normal hair.
She is the best example of why not to take Heroin

Clare Balding was tearing several strips off her on Have I Got News For You last week, wasn't she - describing her variously as "having a face like the surface of Mars", and "not someone I want to represent me as an example of womankind".

I guess that's them off each other's Christmas card list, then...

gc

My regard for Ms Balding went way down after those comments. Amy is an easy target and you can see why. But she has a huge amount of talent and i`d sooner have her than most of the vacuous non-entities that are on TV these days.

Shes an exceptional talent. The only female singers around at the moment with equivalent soul would be Mary J (who has battled her own demons) and perhaps Angie Stone

She has a very striking voice of course but like sinatra or Billie, its the superb phrasing that is stands out. Whitney Houston and Aretha had range but there was a chilliness to much of their work

I hope to god she gets through all this.

My God!!
I would rather Amy as a drug addled wreck than that monstrous ugly moose Balding. No wonder she's queer, no bloke would go near her

Missed that bit!

Despite being clearly wasted in this performance, the girl still displays plenty of talent though.

It was hilarious. Tottering around on her heels along the platform behind the barrier as the security prayed that nothing happened. Someone either said something or grabbed her and she responded with a swift jab or two.

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Jun 28 2008, 10:05 PM
Someone either said something or grabbed her and she responded with a swift jab or two.
Well if that's her idea of a punch I'm surprised she was ever arrested on an assault charge

Considering she got off her hospital bed to perform, she did pretty well. Not one bum note worth of mention.

She is a living legend. I hope she doesn;t die, but as things stand it looks like she is on a tragic path.

I am not a particular fan of her musical genre, but she is so obviously up there on her own in terms of having a god given gift. You don't teach people to sing the way she does - they just do it.

When she goes we will miss her so badly. She will be another Joplin, Hendrix, Morrison, etc.

I'll hopefully be seeing her at Oxegen soon enough. She'll probably be off her head once again. Then again, so will I..

Jeez - couldn't work out what you meant but apparently true - at 27. Found dead this afternoon in her flat.

Sad but tbh anyone surprised after how she has been behaving these last couple of years? Her dad is apparently en route back from the states and hasnt heard (unless they have contacted the pilot?)

Surrounded by "yes" people isnt healthy.

Back