An Capall's Bumper Bonanza

an capall

Senior Jockey
I have decided, in a gesture of goodwill, to help you pay for Cheltenham 2008. My theme is Irish Bumpers. The trick is to do exactly as I say.

1 Point = €20.

4.15 Thurles 8th Nov.

1 Point Place.Tote. Physical Features.

Mark this Bumper in your records. The winners of 8 races bewteen now and March 1st are taking part.

I know it is extremely bad form to sneer when somebody tips a horse on the forum, particularly a long shot, and it runs like an elephant, but surely this has to be an exception.

Not that I would do it myself, you understand.

OK - we have got off to a steady start, but it is time to press on.

Running total; Minus 2 Points.

One of the rules that has enabbled me become very wealthy over the years is never bet on a 4YO winner of 1 bumper. Today we are going to break that rule.

Direct Exit 3.35 Fairyhouse. 1 Point Win.

I have the Thurles bumper he won high on my watch list and have a feeling it will throw up a few half decent tools.

Noticed the bonanza had gone a bit quiet so just thought I'd point out that one of, if not the most, promising bumper prospects in the country is going in the Group 2 bumper at Navan on Sunday. The problem is he will be ridden by a rodeo clown.

I trust you will have the goods for this weekend, An Capall.

Like a boxer in the first three rounds of a fight, we have bobbed, weaved and jabbed. We now know where the gaps in the defence are and are ready to land some scoring punches.

I would be ready to believe that todays Bumper at FH may well be the best we have seen yet this year, choc full of prospects that may surpass previous winners such as Rathgar Beau, Beechcourt and Total Enjoyment. So it will take a good one to win it. The Favourite, Orpheus Valley, was second in a hot one at Gowran, and Checkpointcharlie has been whsipered at for a while.

But we are ignoring both of those and going for a

2 Point win on Themoonandsixpence.

I don't believe he will start anywhere near his forecast price in the RP.

Originally posted by an capall@Dec 15 2007, 09:35 AM
Like a boxer in the first three rounds of a fight, we have bobbed, weaved and jabbed. We now know where the gaps in the defence are and are ready to land some scoring punches.
The question is though AC, are you a Hattan or a Mayweather? :D

Bumper does look a decent contest at Fairyhouse today alright BTW..

Originally posted by an capall@Dec 15 2007, 09:35 AM

I'm Still Standing despite a knockout out punch delivered so fast we never saw it :rolleyes:

Back