Any Doctor Who fans on the forum?

Craig Braddick

At the Start
Hi People:

Just wondered if there were any Doctor Who fans on the forum?

I am a bit of a "saddo" Doctor Who fan, have written some fan fiction and made a couple of unofficial audio books featuring The Third Doctor. (Jon Pertwee - my favorite since I were a kid) I even have a ruffled shirt, velvet jacket and silk lined cape outfit.

Favourite Doctors are: Pertwee, Hartnell, Troughton, T. Baker, C. Baker, Davison, McGann, Tennant, Ecclestone and McCoy, in that order.

Favorite Stories: Carnival of Monsters, The Daemons, Dalek Invasion of Earth, Brain of Morbuis, Talons of Weng-Chiang, City of Death, The Visitation, Invasion of the Dinosaurs and The Two Doctors.

I have a radio controlled Dalek called Gertrude that I terrify my dogs with!

Cheers,

Craig

anything with K-9 in.... (well, i am a girl!!!) "my" doctor is Tom Baker - and I also liked the peter davidson era. I cant remember a lot of the old episodes (though I have a vague recollection of an episode involviong green sludge on the walls....) and I havent watched the old ones for an age,apart from the odd one Ive caught on sky.

As for favourites - the only ones I have really liked recently (though I prefer the new stuff !!) are the steven moffat ones - blink being the best one of them (to me!!) oh - and I liked the one with peter Kay in... but ive gone from liking them for being scary (when i was little!) to liking them for the humour and effects (and David Tennant being a hottie!) in the new series. I like torchwood too - for similar reasons.

So im no hardened fan - theres no way i cna name the episodes, or anything like that - but I do like it to the point where my mates think im a bit odd.... :)

I remember hiding behind the couch and peeping over the edge when I was young, I was so scared watching the old Pertwee Dr Whos.

I can only vaguely rememebr him as the doctor - he only sdticks in my mind as worzel gummidge... my brother used to dive behind the sofa when the music came on - it was the face coming out of the stars that scared him!!

anything with K-9 in.... (well, i am a girl!!!) "my" doctor is Tom Baker - and I also liked the peter davidson era. I cant remember a lot of the old episodes (though I have a vague recollection of an episode involviong green sludge on the walls....) and I havent watched the old ones for an age,apart from the odd one Ive caught on sky.

As for favourites - the only ones I have really liked recently (though I prefer the new stuff !!) are the steven moffat ones - blink being the best one of them (to me!!) oh - and I liked the one with peter Kay in... but ive gone from liking them for being scary (when i was little!) to liking them for the humour and effects (and David Tennant being a hottie!) in the new series. I like torchwood too - for similar reasons.

So im no hardened fan - theres no way i cna name the episodes, or anything like that - but I do like it to the point where my mates think im a bit odd.... :)

The one with the green sludge on the walls is almost certainly "The Green Death", famed also for having giant maggots made from condoms... Also, the departure of my favorite companion, Jo Grant, played by Katy Manning, who was my first crush. The Doctor was heartbroken and drove off into the sunset all alone.

My missus is also a big fan of everything K-9 related.

Torchwood, on the other hand, is an abomination of a programme and John "can I be more OTT gay" Barrowman is about as enjoyable as cancer...

Craig

Don't watch it now but thought Colin Baker was underrated as The Doctor and Peri was my favourite assistant followed by Tegan.

Don't watch it now but thought Colin Baker was underrated as The Doctor and Peri was my favourite assistant followed by Tegan.

Colin Baker was very underrated. If you get a chance, listen to some of his Dr Who audios and you will see he is indeed a great Doctor.

I guess Peri is one reason I married an American!

Craig

There's only one Doctor for me - Tom Baker. He brought humour into it - he used to ad lib an awful lot, it drove the producers mad. It sent him mad in the end - not that he wasn't quite mad to start with LOL.

Love the show, have for a long long time, and the new series are great though not to be compared in any way with the old ones - too many differences in tone, too much 'emotion', too slick with special affects. Great telly though if you can work out what the hell is going on!

There's only one Doctor for me - Tom Baker. He brought humour into it - he used to ad lib an awful lot, it drove the producers mad. It sent him mad in the end - not that he wasn't quite mad to start with LOL.

Love the show, have for a long long time, and the new series are great though not to be compared in any way with the old ones - too many differences in tone, too much 'emotion', too slick with special affects. Great telly though if you can work out what the hell is going on!

I agree with the too much emotion bit. I do not like to feel i am being emotionally manipulated when I watch TV.

Certainly by 1977, Tom Baker was clearly entering another world, one seemingly filled with lustful and debauched thoughts about his companions and large G and T's. If you see him in his final season, he looks awfully gaunt.

Check your PM!

Craig

Hello there,

You'd be amazed how popular Dr Who is out there... I can remember all the Docs, but Peter Davison and David Tennant are my favourites. Jamie was my favourite assistant of all time (Frazer Hines). Oh that kilt - I showed good taste in men at an early age.

Back in May I wrote a literacy exercise for the adult students I teach based on Dr Who, and it went down well in class, so I submitted it to a resources website. It proved really popular.

If anyone out there would like to have a look at it, you'll need to click on the following link http://www.skillsworkshop.org/whatsnew.htm and scroll down to "Resources added or updated May 2008", then click on the letters PDF alongside to download it. Children from 10 upwards should be able to complete the E3/L1 questions, and children from 14 upwards the L2. It's not a quiz, but a text comprehension exercise, but it might prove useful to someone!

The number of people who claim to have hidden behind the sofa when watching Doctor Who as a child begs the question... did nobody think to maximise space in their living room by putting the bloody sofa against the wall??

I watched the very first episode as a 7 year old..was hooked totally

they showed the first episode twice..due to Kennedy assasination..it was the day after and the show obviously didn't get the airing the beeb wanted...so they showed episode 1 & 2 together on the second week

the first place that they went was the stone-age as I remember...then it were Marco Polo...then to Scaro and the daleks...i believe

after that..it all becomes a blur

still like WH as the best doc

Back