AP- is he being choosy or has there been a falling out ?

Ardross

Senior Jockey
I know that AP has lamented his lack of Saturday rides . JP has the quantity but not the quality it is amazing that someone who throws so much money at the game has such a poor strike rate . I wonder who buys them ?

But it is noticeable that AP has ridden far less since returning from his injury and the kicking he got in the Betfair Hurdle. No doubt he is being circumspect in many ways not accepting offers to ride dodgy jumpers but it is rather odd that since the rib injury he has only ridden one Nicky Henderson horse not owned by JP ( on his comeback ride ) and that even when AP has been riding at a track where there is no Geraghty - Henderson has been using Bass, Tinkler or McGrath instead . Has there been a falling out or is this just coincidence ?

I don't know. But it is quite normal in the next couple of weeks for jockeys to be that bit more careful.

Think I read he was in considerable discomfort after Darlan and went to Bristol to get checked out on Tuesday

Even the Iron Man has to take it easy sometimes... Plus as Grey points out, better to miss rides now and be fit for the festival.

Well - that does not really make sense when he has 5 rides at Chepstow tomorrow including for Pipe and NTD but although he rides at Towcester on Sunday he does not ride the Henderson horse in the opener that is second favourite .

He had also not ridden non- JP Henderson horses before the Darlan fall including a winner the day that McCoy rode Prince of Pirates to dead heat.

Not saying that there has been a falling out but it just seems rather odd when before the injury when Geraghty was not over AP rode all the others if available unless they were being claimed off.

Back