Arkles Quiz

• Thread starter Thread starter ArkleSupreme
  • Start date Start date
A

ArkleSupreme

Let's see which of you are the Quiz buffs here as I start a Quiz thread which was a regular contribution I made on BBC 606 forum!

1.What connects only the following Derby winners since 1960...Larkspur,Sea Bird II,Commander In Chief,Galileo and Sea The Stars ?

2.What links the results of the following races...1961 Grand National,1992 Derby,1997 Derby,2007 Grand National ?

3.What connects the following Grand National winners over the past 40 years....Well To Do,Red Rum,Lucius,Miinehoma,West Tip,Don't Push It ?

4.Which famous racehorse connects two famous jockeys who were born on 5th November and 15th November..though ten years apart ?

5.Since 1980 what were Cheltenham Gold Cup winners Burrough Hill Lad,Forgive N' Forget and See More Buisness the only horses to do which has not been achieved by any other winners since ?

6.What connects Champion 2 mile chaser Fortria,Grand National winner Gay Trip and Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Imperial Commander ?

Last edited:
They were racehorses,Bar The Bull !

They weren't involved in a fashion show (just joking)

Last edited:
Let's see which of you are the Quiz buffs here as I start a Quiz thread which was a regular contribution I made on BBC 606 forum!

1.What connects only the following Derby winners since 1960...Larkspur,Sea Bird II,Commander In Chief,Galileo and Sea The Stars ?

were their mums all arc winners?

Incorrect answer ,Sea Bird II,Royal Palace,Nijinsky,Shergar,New Approach etc did that also !

Good work, Alj...though you need to be more specific to gain the first point scored !

I figured Mick Kinane and two Australian jockeys was too much of a coincidence, with the Melbourne only last week.

Sequoyah answered first by a whisker and grabs a place on the scoreboard...

SEQUOYAH 1

Second question visible now !

Last edited:
Well done...though can you elaborate for the benefit of the readers ,Diamond Geezer ?

Nicolaus Silver 1961 GN winner
Silver Birch 2007 GN winner
Benny The Dip sired by Silver Hawk

Not sure on Dr Devious link to silver

Great !!!

So who do I give the point to ?

Well I will award it to Diamond Geezer as he did give the correct link even though he got it a shade fortuitously...but well done to the rest of you for chipping in !

NICOLAUS SILVER
SILVER WISP
SILVER PATRIARCH
SILVER BIRCH

DIAMOND GEEZER 1
SEQUOYAH 1

Question 3 up now !

Last edited:
Sounds like connections of an Irish bumper horse who won at Cheltenham Festival !

Will give it further thought !

I must say I prefer A,B and C from The Prisoner TV series and I am a member of Six Of One !!

Was thinking possibly Dawn Run but it isn't her !

Last edited:
Back