Arkles Quiz

• Thread starter Thread starter ArkleSupreme
  • Start date Start date
3.What connects the following Grand National winners over the past 40 years....Well To Do,Red Rum,Lucius,Miinehoma,West Tip,Don't Push It ?

Kilmore, Sundew and Royal Tan are another 3 who fit the bill - all ridden by champion jockeys, although Richard Dunwoody hadn't become champion when West Tip won - the others, Graham Thorner, Tommy Stack, Bob Davies & Tony McCoy had all been champion jockey prior to their success in the big race.

Indeed,Rorydelargy...though my question did stress the past 40 years only...but thanks for additional answers although you just get the one point too !

DIAMOND GEEZER 1
RORYDELARGY 1
SEQUOYAH 1

Next question tomorrow !

Well done Diamond Geezer...spot on....

DIAMOND GEEZER 2
RORYDELARGY 1
SEQUOYAH 1

Bar The Bull....they were all unplaced in the Derby !

Last edited:
Well Done, Bar The Bull...you are on the scoreboard !

DIAMOND GEEZER 2
BAR THE BULL 1
RORYDELARGY 1
SEQUOYAH 1

Is the answer to your question AP McCoy rode them all at some time ?

Last edited:
Well they did Arkle, but it wouldn't be a good question if that was the answer.

The answer to your question is they all won the Paddy Power / Thomas Pink / Murphy's / Mackeson Gold Cup.

Dang Happy Jack beats me.

Last edited:
Excellent, Happy Jack...you are on the scoreboard too.

What a horse Fortria was..the 4th best that Tom Dreaper ever trained...though Mill House destroyed him by 12 lengths in the 1963 Gold Cup...only for a monster to be lurking in the same yard waiting to pounce !!

DIAMOND GEEZER 2
BAR THE BULL 1
HAPPY JACK 1
RORYDELARGY 1
SEQUOYAH 1

Let's see which of you are the Quiz buffs here as I start a Quiz thread which was a regular contribution I made on BBC 606 forum!

1.What connects only the following Derby winners since 1960...Larkspur,Sea Bird II,Commander In Chief,Galileo and Sea The Stars ?

2.What links the results of the following races...1961 Grand National,1992 Derby,1997 Derby,2007 Grand National ?

3.What connects the following Grand National winners over the past 40 years....Well To Do,Red Rum,Lucius,Miinehoma,West Tip,Don't Push It ?

4.Which famous racehorse connects two famous jockeys who were born on 5th November and 15th November..though ten years apart ?

5.Since 1980 what were Cheltenham Gold Cup winners Burrough Hill Lad,Forgive N' Forget and See More Buisness the only horses to do which has not been achieved by any other winners since ?

6.What connects Champion 2 mile chaser Fortria,Grand National winner Gay Trip and Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Imperial Commander ?

7.Besides winning the Cheltenham Gold Cup Chase,how are Looks Like Trouble and Kauto Star connected ?

That answer is good enough, Rorydelargy !

DIAMOND GEEZER 2
RORYDELARGY 2
BAR THE BULL 1
HAPPY JACK 1
SEQUOYAH 1

Appears so simmo.
Now try this:_
A once rode as stable jockey to trainer B. On retiring A trained horse C to win races, once ridden by B who subsequently bought C and won at Cheltenham festival. Name A, B and C

I'm struggling.

8.What was Nicky Henderson the first trainer to do which hadn't been achieved by any trainer since Vic Smyth before the Second World War ?

Back