Ascot Chase

If any of you guys think you 'know' the winner of the Ryainair, and actually have the cheek to come on here tipping to everyone you're a bigger mug than me. And that must be saying something...

Not sure I do know the winner of the Ryanair yet, but 10/1 on Riverside is good enough to defend downside on perhaps a couple of other choices. I think RT could have an excellent chance though and is perhaps my second choice as things stand. Unlike Ardross I didn't go for Alberta's but like Ardross have a good record in the race.

What I said about RT was that he probably should be backed for the Ryanair ahead of today's race... he's half the price now. And surely when all's said and done this is what a racing forum is for. I don't really know why people would bother to come on otherwise, but to exchange views on racehorses.

Yeah thats what we're doing Steve.

You don't need to tell me what a racing forum is about I've spent about 8 years of my youth contributing to them.

All I'm saying is, this race race looks completely wide open in the win market, thats all.

Last edited:
Of course it is. The same applies to virtually all of the races at the Festival. But there is no reason to brand people mugs for sharing a view.

All about context Steve, it really is. This is a forum, you're right on that, not the United Nations. I was yanking you're chain, nothing else.

Anyway I'm settled, I have six horses to do the business for me at Cheltnham.

I hope to clean a few bastewards out and then carry on with my life.

Few acca's, doubles etc.

The Ryanair is one race I won't be counting on anything though, I have to say.

Last edited:
...I'd agree it looks difficult to call this year. I've got it down to any one of a small handful at this stage. Good luck.

It was only his 6th ever chase last year and its safe to say that he is much better horse coming into the race this year. Underfoot conditions would be a worry

Ground currently goodish, Granger, but drying all the time. We had a small shower this afternoon but February so far has been pretty dry round here.

Wee Simon is thinking of getting the hosepipes out tomorrow or Thursday to ensure the ground is good at the beginning of next week - although he does justify that decision by saying that the watering is to activate a new fertiliser that has just been put down.

Back