Ascot Refund

They are nutcases. What purpose would an orange sticker serve anyway, surely anyone branded with one would have discarded it soon after it was attached, rather than wear it as a badge of shame.

The Ascot authorities are seriously mentally deficient.

"A benchmark for customer service"? :lol::lol: This, from a course which cut back its grandstand viewing to flog off 'loges' for a grand a day, which failed to provide Sheikh Mo's private boxes with their own loos, which totally cut off all view of the racing after an overblown refurbishment which turned even the royal enclosure into a free-for-all in beer-swilled concourses, which had all of its refreshment facilities bar the booze bars close before the last race of the day, which hasn't got any available free seating unless it's underneath a horsewalk tunnel or half-a-dozen bog-standard garden benches at the back of the stands... ah, yes, they have indeed set a benchmark for customer service. As in a zero.

There's a far better ethos at any amount of far humbler courses without Ascot's clinging delusions of 19th Century grandeur. Dreadful, dreadful nonsense. Look - you put up info on your website, you acknowledge online or postal badge sales with a little notelet saying what you will and won't accept as clothing, you come on RUK and ATR to announce your new ideas, you get an article up in the RP and every other possible outlet before the day and, then, when and if people turn up sartorially under-achieving your goal, you turn them away from the Premier gates. You don't admit them wearing the dot of shame. Christ, what bloody next? A little blue sticker to say you're not of a pure bloodline to Alfred the Great?

Good to see the ATR studio guests wearing orange stickers today,whether they were issued them on the course yesterday I don't know.
Maybe they were wearing brown shoes (heinous crime or what!!)
And they wonder why i'd rather buy a members badge at one of my local tracks (Plumpton) then spend the equivalent money for that membership on a day or two at the Royal meeting.

I think they were spoofing the orange dots, Arkers, which looked very tiny in the pic of one they put up. I think chaps should now attend wearing orange-dotted ties, and the women orange-dotted dresses with matching hats, bags, and shoes. And cars should sport big orange dots on their backsides saying "Ascot's gone dotty!" as a bit of payback.

Windsor is, more correctly, Royal Windsor, and yet there's no hint of the barminess there. Perhaps because it's owned by Arena, and is therefore more interested in pleasing their customers and keeping money coming in, whereas Arsecot is so feelthy reech it doesn't need to worry itself with such base concerns as commerce.

All the bullet points on racing uk yesterday were orange dots, mum wondered what I was laughing at until nick luck spotted them and commented that he thought the graphics guys were having fun with it....

I hope all sorts of people take the piddle out of this nonsense. "And now, the Queen's carriage is arriving, drawn by the usual four magnificent ggggr.... ORANGE horses?"

Last edited:
Just ordered a splendid orange-spotted waistcoat for the Royal meeting. We’ll see how that goes down.

After some of the weskits sported by Wee Wullie Carson? :blink: And considering that an Ascot tie is a form of cravat, it's a bit ironic they've banned them!

Last edited:
Back