At The Races

• Thread starter Thread starter Bruce_Savage
  • Start date Start date
B

Bruce_Savage

Having tuned in to the first few races on Channel 415, I see they have acquired a person by the name of Tracksuit Dave.

I am reliably informed this bloke is a regular losing bettor and personally I'd like to see his qualifications to gain such a role on National television because I'm sure there are a lot of Darely Flying Start members who'd like to start of in the position he has gained.

The show has turned into a charity case, as if it wasn't bad with that troll Matt Chapman and the forced humour of Luke Harvey & Jason Weaver makes cringeworthy viewing.

I've turned off by the way.

Last edited:
I never listen to pundits or commentary,it's pointless you're better off constantly having the sound off i havn't had the sound on for 8 years.:lol:

I never listen to pundits or commentary,it's pointless you're better off constantly having the sound off i havn't had the sound on for 8 years.:lol:

There is a real good piece on this on the internet. I must try and dig it out. All they do is regurgitate what's in the Racing Post.

His name is Dave Stanbridge and he's been a feature at Midlands and southern courses for years, as a professional gambler. Meaning he makes a living at it, not that he works at something else and does a few large now and then.

If I were into gambling, which thank the Lord I'm not, sir, I think I'd come off slightly better listening to someone who survives on results obtained with their own money, than listening to some trainers for whom their horses are always going to be 'thereabouts', and owners who are either religiously optimistic or pessimistic.

But if you never listen to pundits, Gigilo, why do you keep putting up analyses on here for other people to notice? Don't you think of yourself as a pundit? It seems a bit odd to say you never listen to them when you offer up stuff for other people. If no pundit or presenter can be trusted, if everyone thinks jockeys are bent (and therefore won't tell the truth), trainers always bigging-up their horses, and owners about as much in the know as Wurzel Gummidge, then who are you going to trust?

Some of the guys on RUK are worth listening to. Eddie Fremantle and Steve Mellish are very good analysts and race readers imho.

I've been making a good living for 8 years and only use my own judgement and form,before this i worked for one of the biggest pros in the country.
He is probably the only person i have ever listened to his time has finished and i don't need his input anymore.I'm not a pundit i make a very good living it's my proffession,i know loads of pundits,tipsters,trainers,headlads most of who don't even know how their own horses will run.My health isn't great so for the last couple of years i've hardly gone racing and give out my picks to anyone who's interested in betting and winning a few quid through emails and the odd forum.

Well, let's just say he has no other means of support, Luke! He's not a bad old stick, to be honest, friendly and outgoing, although not one to take a crappy ride too well! He goes around by himself, seems to have a good range of contacts and while the tracksuit mightn't be to everyone's taste, the pants are comfortable for him as he drives fair distances himself to races, and has a gimpy leg. (One of the jockeys left him a badge today under the moniker 'Dave the Leg', in fact!)

Is this Masterchef? Hey - Ash won! Can you bet on the outcome of the series, Grassy? He was my choice from the start, so I might've done well on the spreads...

My ex work collegue quit his job on which he was earning around £18,500 P/A to go and bet on the horses.

He was coming into work with the same suit on 3-4 days a week and regulary lacked any genuine hygiene, looked malnourished and tired.

He now drives a Range Rover Evoque & is about to pay of £175,000 mortgage, he's the sort you want on the TV, lovely fella with plenty of stories to tell and knows his stuff - none of this Tracksuit betting in monkeys business, he's the real deal.

Never had a shower, either, from the sound of it. I don't judge a bloke by what heap of metal he drives, but I do judge him if he smells like a dead rat!

What a person drives and how they dress is a fair indicator of how much they got in their bank.

There are lots of immensely well-heeled people who drive old Volvos, wear clothes they buy at charity shops, and haven't had a change of furniture since 1948. Being flash is no indicator of wealth.

Back