Ayr Gold Cup.

Criosultan ran a nice race at the curragh yesterday, loves a bit of cut in the ground, and as far as I know is going to race. Should get in off his mark but can t be sure, anyone know?? I do think there are worse 50/1 shots.

Sooner or later, Mac's Power will surely land one of these but I'm also very interested in Gramercy for this race. He travelled really strongly at Ascot last time and is entitled to have come on for the run as well.

Further down the weights, Elusivity won in really taking style at Newmarket last time and I'd be keen on him in the Bronze Cup. He's unlikely to get in the Silver Cup.

Need to watch the Silver and Bronze races first to see if there's any advantage in the draw, then perm in a few stats eg only three winners since 1986 have been over the age of five and only one of the last 24 winners started off as favourite, so there's only another 26 runners to sort through :ninja:

Was told this was Pastoral Player's target at the beginning of August and he'll definitely get in so will be looking closely at this one cometh the hour.

Sooner or later, Mac's Power will surely land one of these but I'm also very interested in Gramercy for this race. He travelled really strongly at Ascot last time and is entitled to have come on for the run as well.

Further down the weights, Elusivity won in really taking style at Newmarket last time and I'd be keen on him in the Bronze Cup. He's unlikely to get in the Silver Cup.

Gramercy runs tomorrow at Yarmouth.

Need to watch the Silver and Bronze races first to see if there's any advantage in the draw

It's about 4/6 the draw changes round by the time the Gold Cup is run, usually does. Probably better backing the side that gets trounced on the Thur/Fri! :D

Thanks, Del. I hadn't picked that up at all. I suppose he could run in both. I'm not sure tomorrow's race will play to his strengths but he'd pick up a penalty for Ayr if he won.

If Royal Rock ran to his past potential I think he will take all the beating tomorrow.

By the way, Courageous looks to have been laid out for the Bronze Cup. Barnet Fair will win the Silver version, and I'll have won too much to care about the Gold version. Hope this helps.

Case made for Croisultan in todays post. In to 16s and 20s in places. Feeling like im a winner already with 50/1 on my slip, so it now doesnt matter how he runs......:ninja:

CROISULTAN, a big mover in the William Hill Ayr Gold Cup market, is on target to contest the big sprint handicap for trainer Liam McAteer on Saturday.

The five-year-old is now as short as 16-1 (from 33) with Victor Chandler and is available at 20-1 (from 33) with the race sponsors following prolonged support on Wednesday.

McAteer was narrowly denied in the 6f sprint in 2005 when Majestic Times was beaten two short-heads by Presto Shinko and Fonthill Road and he is looking forward to mounting another challenge with Croisultan.
"Ever since Majestic Times I've always wanted to go back for another crack," said McAteer. "I think Croisultan is as good, if not better, than Majestic Times and I'm looking forward to it.
"He's going well and he likes soft ground. I don't think there will be too much between the top and bottom of the weights - I think bottom weight will be something like 8st 9lb and it will be very competitive - but at least he won't be giving a stone away to something with a light weight.
"He's ran some blinders this summer, when either the ground or trip was against him and his regular jockey Niall McCullagh will take the ride, which is great. But the draw will be important."
Croisultan will bid to follow up fellow Irish-trained Nocturnal Affair's win in the Ladbrokes Portland Handicap last Saturday and McAteer said he can understand why punters have come out in force to back his charge.
"I think my horse was definitely overpriced at 33-1, he is a fair price at 16-1."
The draw for Ayr Gold Cup, as well as the Silver and Bronze equivalents, will take place on Thursday morning.

...his regular jockey Niall McCullagh will take the ride, which is great

What a season Niall McCullagh has been having. Well into the veteran stage, it is his best season for years and might even be one of his best ever. Does any trainer have better work riders to call upon than John Oxx, who has Mick Kinane, Johnny Murtagh and McCullagh to give him feedback from the gallops, not to mention Ben Curtis?

No doubt there are others there who are worth a mention.

What a season Niall McCullagh has been having. Well into the veteran stage, it is his best season for years and might even be one of his best ever. Does any trainer have better work riders to call upon than John Oxx, who has Mick Kinane, Johnny Murtagh and McCullagh to give him feedback from the gallops, not to mention Ben Curtis?

No doubt there are others there who are worth a mention.

Leigh Roche is a tidy addition too.

Can Pepper Lane defy a rise of almost 30 lbs to win this? Was very taken by the Great St Wilfred win - drawn reasonably low - think her trainer is one for the future and Ladbrokes 14/1 maybe an ew snip. Will they hold their prices till morning and pay 5 places. Very open looking race znd difficult to win from the front I'd imagine.

I have already told ye all who wins this, a week ago when the horse was 50/1....why must I be forced to repeat myself.

Had one of my biggest wins ever on her last year OTB and she's one of my favourite horses in training - think she can do it though unproven on the ground.

Would be Our Jonathan for me though - was a Group 2 winner on heavy as a 2yo at Maisons-Laffitte and 20/1 looks more than fair with 5 places about a horse who's been running well in these big sprints this year.

Had one of my biggest wins ever on her last year OTB and she's one of my favourite horses in training - think she can do it though unproven on the ground.

Would be Our Jonathan for me though - was a Group 2 winner on heavy as a 2yo at Maisons-Laffitte and 20/1 looks more than fair with 5 places about a horse who's been running well in these big sprints this year.

Backed him lto and he ran a decent race - will look to save on a couple but would be delighted to see Del Boy take them out bythe roots!!

Great call - haven't seen the race yet - thanks IS - more than saved on your fella - nice profit!!

Top Man Martin!!! Fair play!!

Back