Back On Track

landlark

At the Start
After he bled last time at Cheltenham Oscar Parks season seemed to be turning from bad to worse but now he is having his first go over fences and this will be where his fortunes change for the better! So keep your eye on him tomorrow at Kempton, it might be too late for him to have a shot at the Sup Nov Chse at the Festival but there will be time enough for him to pick up a nice prize or two this season!

Mark my Words.

Do so hope you are right, the horse has had such bad luck this year, and the yard is going really well with most of the horses. Fingers crossed! Wonder if GW will try to make DA put him in the Supreme anyway - I bet there's a bit of pressure there...!! Luckily DA would never run a horse under pressure unless he was sure it was ready, I'm 100% sure of that

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Feb 7 2008, 07:48 PM
The Supreme? That's the novice hurdle!
LOL everyone, very droll!

I thought there was both a Supreme Novice hurdle and a SN chase?
I know I've backed OP for something at 132....... :rolleyes:

The Arkle novices' chase is run over 2m and the Royal and Sun Alliance novice chase over 3m at the Cheltenham Festival. There are also novice handicap chases, the Jewson, over 2m5f and the NH Challenge over 4m1f.

From RP

Unseated Rider

Oscar Park's win off 140 in last year's Pertemps Final represented the best hurdles form on offer, and he had shaped well in a Grade 2 on his reappearance before disappointing back in handicap company lasttime. However, the shorter distance was a negative, as was his lack of previous chasing experience. In the circumstance he showed a deal of promise here, for he was only a length or so down and by no means done with when he stood off too far at the last open ditch and paid the price. He might well have made a race of it, for the further he went the better he ought to have been. It may not be worth having another go over fences at this relatively late stage of the season, but he ought to have a future as a chaser. Unfortunately he is already nine.

Oscar Park has had "chaser" stamped all over him since before he debuted in bumpers. I had been looking forward to this debut for a few years now.

Personally I believe he would have been sent over fences earlier had Colin Tinkler still been at Uplands which I think would have been preferable but that is not necessarily slating Arbuthnot.

If Arbuthnot had preferably sent him over fences earlier that may have prevented him winning the £40000 to the winner Pertemps Hurdle last season !

Unless of course he made as big a cock up of it as he did today and ended up back over hurdles anyway! :laughing:

I was very surprised that the horse didn't go straight over fences this season. Pertemps winner or no, he was never going to be good enough to win the Stayers' and his future has always looked like it lay over fences.

It's February - I thought he was going chasing at the start of the season and thought that was the obvious step. The horse has always looked like a chaser - I was riding out at the yard before it debuted so I do have some idea! IMO sending him over hurdles the last 6 months was a waste of time.

Yes, because I know he's talented - doesn't mean to say I didn't prefer to see him over fences. Don't be so obtuse!

I'm not being obtuse, I am merely pointing out that in your opinion sending Oscar Park hurdling for the last six months was a waste of time whilst at the same time fancying it to win a grade one hurdle :P

:laughing:

Oh, get back in your box!!!

I have been waiting for this animal to go over fences for years - perhaps you care yo dig up the archives in which I said he'd make a lovely chaser?!

However it doesn't mean I can't fancy it when it runs elsewhere!

I'm sure if he'd schooled well enough over fences he'd have been sent over them before
He clearly still has a bit to learn in that dept. Will ask DA tho if I get a chance tomorrow

I thought that was a good effort at a course that's too sharp for him and over a distance well short of what he needs. He stood off too far when he unshipped but on the whole he jumped well. Plenty of schooling and I don't think a weakish looking Sun alliance Chase would be a step too far.

Today the saga continues as Oscar Park sets out to put the record straight! Fakenham will have record crowds today as the most famous of David Arbuthnot inmates is unleashed before his massive following led by Mr Frank Ward. Racegoers will not have witnessed anything like it since the days of Bula,Royal Frolic and the likes! Enjoy it you lucky people. :nuts:

Landlark, do you take your name from the T Pocock trained animal who tragically died at the Chair in the 1975 National?

PHEW!!! I bet David's breathed a huge sigh of relief there

Lovely display, I can imagine Seamus spent many hours getting him that confident
Well done all

PS Landlark: It's George Ward :rolleyes:

Yes thats right useful he was my all time fav! HHHOOOORRRAAAAHHHHH Oscar has done it Cheltenham here we come!!!!! :clap:

Back