Ballydoyle 2yo 2014

jinnyj

Senior Jockey
A bit premature I appreciate but having been at the sales last night, if I am allowed I would like to stake my claim on the Galileo - Shastye colt. He was so stunning with the most incredible aura (only 2 yearlings I have seen first hand before with a simlar quality were George Washington & Bosra Sham!). I know all too well these huge price yearlings don't always justify the hype but as I was there I feel I should go for him

Hey a filly sold for £5m today - crazy prices! Average is up 27% on last year!

We'll soon hear from Aidan praising the Rip Van Winkles. I read somewhere that four of them were in training at Ballydoyle - not very many considering he's Coolmore's standout first season sire. Wish Rip all the best though, and he's co-favourite with Zebedee to be champion first season sire.

Be interesting to see what the Rip's progeny feet are like as his weren't good when I saw him at the BC.

Myself and On The Bridle were in Coolmore before Cheltenham. When we got to Rip Van Winkle's box I asked how were his feet. I got a sharp put down to 'look at him he's got four of them'. Joking aside he said his feet are now perfect they never got the time required to heal when he was in training. He was very bullish about his 2yo crop.

Approve is getting lots of whispers. I like the Lord Shanakills, very smart compact types. The Rips are a bit big and rangy, maybe late season types. The two Pacos I've been hands on with are quite forward looking but then Warren will be hammering them to have 2yo winners. The Makfis I've ridden is just a machine, if they're all like him he's in with a shout.

Zeebedee on numbers might be another to note.

This is the first year I'm supporting first season sires with my own mares - although one I've gone for is flagging up as subfertile (infertile?) so I've had to do some last minute book swapping.

Approve is getting lots of whispers. I like the Lord Shanakills, very smart compact types. The Rips are a bit big and rangy, maybe late season types. The two Pacos I've been hands on with are quite forward looking but then Warren will be hammering them to have 2yo winners. The Makfis I've ridden is just a machine, if they're all like him he's in with a shout.

Zeebedee on numbers might be another to note.

This is the first year I'm supporting first season sires with my own mares - although one I've gone for is flagging up as subfertile (infertile?) so I've had to do some last minute book swapping.

Thanks for that post, very interesting. Racebets are betting in the market and make Zeebrdee fav.

Back