Barry McElduff

I'm not sure if I'm more outraged by the original action or the subsequent attempts to claim that it was entirely coincidental and unrelated to the anniversary!!

Suspended by his party for 3 whole months. Gosh.

And no mention of his party colleague who retweeted it.

Suspended by his party for 3 whole months. Gosh.

And no mention of his party colleague who retweeted it.

I suspect there would be a greater outcry if it had been a Para Regiment Colonel with a copy of U2's Sunday Bloody Sunday on his head and a big grin on his coupon.

The use of Kingsmills products is well known on social media to make "jokes" about this tragedy - there is no way you would sincerely believe that an elected rep for Sinn Fein would not have known this.

Similarly, Ormo products are also used on social media to make jokes about the Sean Graham bookies shooting on the Ormo road - "5 slices short of a loaf" would be the common motto. Also sickening, but at least the arseholes that posted that aren't elected as an MP.

I am totally stunned that SF didn't sack him - it posed no risk to the seat as they would comfortably hold it in a by election. It makes a mockery of their strapline of honest, respect and integrity. Seems like confirmation that they genuinely don't want to be in government in NI to be any way connected to Brexit and are perfectly happy to leave the DUP and Tories to oversee the impending shitshow.

Always suspected that to be the case - lukewarm support for Remain as they deemed Brexit to make a united Ireland much more likely.

"5 slices short of a loaf" would be the common motto. Also sickening, but at least the arseholes that posted that aren't elected as an MP.

“The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.
To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”

- Douglas Adams, presumably expanding on his Ruler Of The Universe character from The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy:

The Ruler of the Universe is a man living in a small shack on a world that can only be reached with a key to an unprobability field or use of an Infinite Improbability Drive. He does not want to rule the universe and tries not to whenever possible, and therefore is by far the ideal candidate for the job

Back