Best horse to never win a Champion Chase

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
S

SlimChance

Easy one - Azertyuiop. Can a moderator please close this thread?

Oh. . . Barry ******* fell off didn't he. . .

No way. A top notch two miler like Well Chief would have destroyed Kauto at Cheltenham. The latter was nowhere near his best at the track unless they crawled round.

Without question Well Chief.

I'll also give Waterloo Boy a mention as he was unlucky not to win one.

Kauto ran all of three times over 2m. Two tingle creeks and easily ...plus the fall

Absolutely impossible to say what the limit of his ability at two miles was and nothing to suggest he would have been thrashed by anything but without doubt he was the best horse to not win the race having competed in it.

The Tingle Creek wasn't at Cheltenham. He simply wasn't as good at the track when asked to race at a decent pace.

Well Chief. Scary to think how even better he could have become. The 2007 QM was one of my lowest moments, if not the lowest in racing.

Kauto would have minced that field had he stood up.

Well Chief. Scary to think how even better he could have become. The 2007 QM was one of my lowest moments, if not the lowest in racing.

Kauto would have minced that field had he stood up.

I was in the stand opposite the fence he fell at, and you could hear the thwack loud and clear.

I was in the stand opposite the fence he fell at, and you could hear the thwack loud and clear.

My fuc*ing heart sank that day. Fit for nothing the rest of the day.

Saw him at Sandown and Ascot in his farewell season :adore:

Desert Orchid for me. Cheltenham not his course, but some of his performances round Sandown over the minimum would have taken some beating. Giving Panto Prince 18lb and a 12 length hammering would give any horse something to think about.

Tingle Creek was every bit as exciting over fences as Dessie especially at Sandown.
A cracking horse.
Noddys Ryde deserves a mention with Bobsline.
Latalomne should have had the second last fence named after him !
Not the same race since they moved that fence imo.

Back