Bet 365

Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
Is it my imagination or have Bet 365 shifted the goalposts regarding their best price offer?

I've been punting with them since they came on to the scene and I am as sure as I can be that the offer has always been if I back a horse after 10am with them and one (or more) or their named competitors goes longer before 11am they will match the odds on my bet. (Shame I delete all such messages once the account is adjusted.)

This morning I took the 9/2 Sole Power with them and almost immediately Totesport went 5/1. They were followed by a few others. Bet365 eventually followed.

I was therefore disappointed that the bet was settled at 7/2. I contacted them and was told the 15p R4 meant the 7/2 payout was more than the 9/2-15% (which it isn't). When I said it should be 5/1-15% they said no, the don't price match if it means pushing a price out!

How do the rest of you understand it?

It's only certain bookies they price match I think and the price on offer is the price you take. For example I liked one yesterday and they were 6/1 while other main bookies were 15/2. Had to wait until bet365 were advertising the 15/2 before bet it. I didn't think they would push out odds if you've already taken the price on something unless the sp is bigger obviously.

I occasionally double-check the t&cs on their website (I don't buy the RP any more) before taking a price with them, just to be sure.

I'm pretty sure I've had messages from them telling me I'd been given the best odds but it may be that those [better] odds were already showing at oddschecker. If it's 4/1 or more I still tend to give Bet 365 my business as a winner at that price can mean a free bet, which I've successfully exploited in the past at odds from 2/1 - 10/1.

Anyway, they phoned me in reply to my email to explain how it works (and it seems I've been wrong these past few years so there can't have been any previous case of any of my winners drifting after I've backed it, which I find highly unlikely) but as a goodwill gesture they also refunded my follow-up losing bet and credited my account with a tenner.

I will probably be less loyal in betting with them in future - if more than one offered the same odds I tended to stay loyal to Bet 365 - but at least they have made the gesture.

Oh, and they were very polite about it and didn't accuse me of lying...

Last edited:
Back