Bet365 Gold Cup Sandown

Well done to the old boy and rounds off a great year for the old timers. Followed Tidal through his whole career so nice to see him win this.

Can't be having Le Beau Bai for this.

There good reason to believe his Welsh Grand National win waan't quite what it looked to be at the time.

The race itself used to be one fo the highlights of the season. Arkle Mill House What A Myth Diamond Edge Topsham bay Special Cargo Shady Deal were calls horses who won this.

Top Weight Tidal Bay at one time would have fitted right in there among them but he the plot some time ago and we never did see the best of him.

However I couldn't help but notice the remarkable change in him when he ran his first 2 races for Paul Nichols.

The 2nd of those was in the Argento with Ruby on board and although he got a bit behind he looked happier than I have seen him in along time. He ran on well beaten only a couple of lengths.

I got the distinct impression between them PN and Ruby have sweetened him up and his gallop round behind Big Bucks will have him spot on for this.

It's hard to believe this horse was never out of the first 2 in his first 16 runs and won the Arkle The John Smith and the Colin Parker in the same year hasn't won a chase since.

A win off top weight here may seem unlikley but I'm confident he can put things to right and take this.

Well done. You almost talked me into backing it.

Well done to the old boy and rounds off a great year for the old timers. Followed Tidal through his whole career so nice to see him win this.

Today was his day alright. Well done to Tanlic.

Last edited:
Joseph went the brave route. It takes some bottle to do that. Ryan Moore famously done it against George Washington.

Whether he would have won further or not, it takes some balls to attempt it up against jockey's like Moore, Buick and Queally

*had he stayed with them

Exactly had he stayed with them he would have slaughtered them. He gave away a dozen lengths for supposedly better ground, but the way he picked up he had no reason to do this. It was taking a big chance to barely win on a much superior horse.

The encouraging thing for me was that for a horse laden with stamina he showed remarkable speed on that going. He'll go under the radar for anyone who hasn't seen the race. One to keep the right side of.

#Sandown: ImperialMonarch to be aimed at Derby (media joked + St Leger as he'd gone so far); half-brother The Great Gatsby Epsom 2nd (2003)

Can't be having Le Beau Bai for this.

There good reason to believe his Welsh Grand National win waan't quite what it looked to be at the time.

The race itself used to be one fo the highlights of the season. Arkle Mill House What A Myth Diamond Edge Topsham bay Special Cargo Shady Deal were calls horses who won this.

Top Weight Tidal Bay at one time would have fitted right in there among them but he the plot some time ago and we never did see the best of him.

However I couldn't help but notice the remarkable change in him when he ran his first 2 races for Paul Nichols.

The 2nd of those was in the Argento with Ruby on board and although he got a bit behind he looked happier than I have seen him in along time. He ran on well beaten only a couple of lengths.

I got the distinct impression between them PN and Ruby have sweetened him up and his gallop round behind Big Bucks will have him spot on for this.

It's hard to believe this horse was never out of the first 2 in his first 16 runs and won the Arkle The John Smith and the Colin Parker in the same year hasn't won a chase since.

A win off top weight here may seem unlikley but I'm confident he can put things to right and take this.

Genius/idiot savant?

Well done sir.

Sprinter Sacre vs Sanctuaire - Tingle Creek 2013.

I'm looking forward to that one already. I thought he was deeply impressive yesterday.

It's precisely the reason we need people with insight like Tanlic on the forum::

While I totally agree with the sentiment, imo Tidal Bay's win owed more to the ground and the distance than it did to Tanlic's prescience. Well done to the man, though. :)
Interesting aside by PN afterwards, that Aintree (a race that wouldn't have favoured TB's weaknesses) was a prep race for this.

Last edited:
Back