Betfair depositing

del boy

Senior Jockey
Is there anyway of depositing money into befair without using bank transfer(too slow), or laser or credit cards?? Vouchers or via a third party card system or something??

Paypal and Moneybookers

d) Moneybookers

Moneybookers is an e-payment wallet solution that enables you to transfer funds into a 'virtual' account, via local bank transfers or cheque, and then transfer funds to your Betfair account. Moneybookers has bank accounts in over 20 countries into which you can transfer money quickly and cheaply.Click here for more information.

e) PayPal

PayPal is an e-payment wallet solution that allows payments and money transfers to be made online.

NOTE: Customers who use a MasterCard credit card to pay via PayPal may find problems making deposits. If the problem depositing via PayPal persists, please register your card in My Card Details and deposit directly into Betfair.

You can trust Betfair with your card details as Betfair is fully card scheme compliant (Payments Card Industry Data Security Standard Level 1 Compliant ) and uses a Verisign Class 3 Secure Server.

Is you're trying to get or bookmakers off your bank statement you can't use MONEYBOOKERS unless you put the money in the wallet via a bank transfer.

Moneybookers looks an option.... anyone used them? How quickly can money be transfered through the bank to an account?

I use moneybookers all the time fast cheap and my bank don't have a clue I have a Betfair account

Good to know. If i want to deposit with them will it take long Tanlic? Deposit time from bank transfer to moneybookers and on to Betfair? Looking at the costs, free to deposit and around 1.80 to withdraw is it??

Once the account is set up it all works very smoothly, even from here in Belgium.

Payments from the account to Betfair and the other bookmakers go through instantly, and payments in the other direction don't take more than 24 hours.

I don't trust Moneybookers (name changed recently to "Skrill", incidentally).
There is evidence that accounts are being hacked and that Moneybookers have been singularly unhelpful in assisting customers whose funds have gone astray.
The reports are numerous -- a quick Google search throws up horrendous stories of emptied accounts.
I have discontinued my own Moneybookers account since a year ago, and now exclusively use Neteller whose security systems are far more effective and vigorous.
If you must use Moneybookers, then make sure you apply for the Moneybookers Security Token -- free if you have a V.I.P account or at a cost of €15 otherwise.

If you put any wallet name up including Net Teller you get exactly the same stories of accounts being hacked.

Anyone crazy enough to leave money in a wallet long enough to get hacked is nuts.

Change your password every single time you make a transaction before and after mix it with numers capitals small letter and don't use any personal things like jimmy123 Mr James or you are asking for trouble.

The thing is they have to get into your account first to get your personal details then try and find out who you are exactly and get your DOB without which they can't withdraw your funds.

So never ever ever give your real DOB to anyone on forums or polls is agood policy.

When puting money in or taking it out do so when they are open and have alerts telling you when any emails arrive on both your comp and your mobile.

Soon as it comes in do you tranfer because that's what it's designed to do it is not a piggy bank.

You can keep as much money as you like in your Betfair account and limit your exposure to whatever you want so there's no need to hoard it in a wallet.

BTW If I remeber right the way you put money into Betfair is the way you take it out again youcan't go in via paypal and come out via netteller or go straight to your bank as far as I know.

Last edited:
i have use moneybookers/skrills for over 3 yrs, i have never had a problem. Its a great product for gambling imo and easy to use.

Back