Betfair Million Bonus - Dropped

Which history books? :)

In the last 23 years, Dancing Brave, Dylan Thomas and Lammtarra all did the double. It doesn't sound like an impossible double to me.

In fact, if you consider the vast majority of horses who run in the King George are trained by English or Irish-based trainers, and then you consider that English or Irish-based trainers have won 7 of the last 23 Arcs, and that 3 of those 7 had won the King George, then to me it sounds like the ideal race to take in.

Just an observation, none of the last three King George winners, Conduit, Duke of Marmalade, or Dylan Thomas, would have won the King George in their three year old year.

Given the proximity of Enforcer in the 2006 King George, I think it is a bold shout to say that Dylan Thomas couldn't have won that race.

Given the proximity of Enforcer in the 2006 King George, I think it is a bold shout to say that Dylan Thomas couldn't have won that race.

Possibly, though I think Dylan improved immensely over the summer of his three year old career and the King George would have come too soon for him. I am not being critical of him in any way as he is probably my favourite horse of the last four or five years.

Agree about Conduit (would have come too soon for him) and Duke of Marmalade (simply wasn't as good as Dylan Thomas). Dylan Thomas in Hurricane's Run year is debatable. The way the race was run would have screwed him, and if they'd given him a pacemaker it would have completely changed the race for Hurricane Run and friends.

Betfair didn't insure against Kauto Star winning the Million.

Did they not back him to win it with bookmaking firms though? Or place bets with firms that a[n unnamed] horse would win all three races? They were certainly looking to have such wagers with bookmakers in its first year or two.

Back