BHA Bettors Forum

Simon Rowlands seems to be a sensible chap and probably a good choice as chair of this group.

Who else would we like to see involved?

Rory Delargy, I hope you'll be applying.

i thought it was a waste of time trying to use any influence through forums...when i started the channel 4 racing thread about improving it the whole thing was laughed at that any of us could change anything..even if we got Rory on board

now its a good idea ..strange

i thought it was a waste of time trying to use any influence through forums...when i started the channel 4 racing thread about improving it the whole thing was laughed at that any of us could change anything..even if we got Rory on board

now its a good idea ..strange

It's called a forum but there are to be only eight members, appointed by the BHA. How much influence it has remains to be seen, it will depend in part on how willing others are to listen.

don't get me wrong..with starting that TV thread i personally do believe in forum power..no one else who posted on there did though..it was like i made a naive suggestion. looks like i was solely ahead of the game now this has surfaced

could be a really good thing..but from what i read on that other thread..most on here didn't don't..or didn't then..i suppose it will be different now some "names" have put forward the same idea..it will be best thing since sliced bread etc:)

i've got loads of suggestions for one anyway

Last edited:
i don't think so..why don't you?

? I don't feel I have very much to offer such a forum, but given your whinging about how no-one ever listens to you on here, it was a terrible idea when I thought of it, now it's the best thing since sliced bread, I've got loads of suggestions post, I thought, clearly erroneously, that you might be interested in taking part.

and you wonder why no one wanted to chat to you about it.

Ha don't think he liked me very much on TRF. Mind you ,I said some dreadful things on there. Gordon Brown was overspending I said, Sizing Europe would win the Champion Hurdle, and overpaid idols were polluting young minds, and not paying their taxes. I was of course wrong about Sizing Europe winning the Champion Hurdle, but that was just because of a technicality.

Last edited:
Simon Rowlands seems to be a sensible chap and probably a good choice as chair of this group.

Who else would we like to see involved?

Rory Delargy, I hope you'll be applying.

Rory would only apply if the other 6 resigned :lol: Yossa Hughes would have more chance of being accepted.

alan potts doesn't exactly seem keen on being part of this

CILx0uNWIAAPA6P.jpg

couldn't agree more with his assessment of baldfred. shambles of a bookie.

Have to agree with Alan Potts it's a bit like saying lets all vote but your vote doesn't count.

They don't need 5 or 6 people to tell them how racing could be improved.

Radio station TV programs have aired the views of people who work within the industry for years.

For a panel/forum to repeat what has already been said a hundred times only gives them a platform to air rehearsed answers and tell us why ITO it can't be done.

Read in the RP that newly-created Horserace Bettors Forum is to be consulted by the BHA on the Speculative Bid debacle.
Anyone know its format, or which worthies have been nominated to represent us?

Last edited:
Back