Boylesports Gold Cup

I wish to gongratulate Dom (nearly)

I looked at the 'all time posters list' today, and she's closing in on the bronze medal position, rapidly

Given good ground Idole First has an excellent chance. Performs well round here and all boxes ticked . At 16/1 a stonking ew bet.

After having weighed it up, I've gone for Le Volfoni who meets Idole First on 12Ib better terms with the claimer, for a mere 5.25L, 4th place defeat in the Racing Post Plate. He also meets Parlashan on 7Ib better terms for a 1.25L defeat in the same race.

That Nicholls has kept him to hurdles so far this term suggests to me that he's being lined up for a big handicap run somewhere. He's also a 6yo which as I remarked earlier on the thread, enjoy a phenonemal win and place record considering how few of them have lined up over the years. His revsied weight of 10.12 also pulls him below both the 11.4 barrier set by Exotic Dancer, and the 11.0 threshold that has been common to 90% of the most recent 10 winners. The only absence on the stats is a placed effort on his most recent, but given that his last 3 runs have involved 2 hurdles races, and a chase over the National fences, you might need to go back to the festival to find his true like for like comparison. That he meets his vanquishers on significantly better terms looks tasty to me, provided Mr Schofield doesn't crash him. I've always been under the impression that he needs a lot of juice in the ground, but Nicholls is adamant he's better on good ground, and a 4th place in the Plate wouldn't contradict the trainer. It's certainly not unheard of for a big priced horse to make the frame, and the 20/1 around about him at the moment appeals.

Well done mate.

I read the race pretty well too. Not having a great time with horse tips at the moment but glad i have got today right so far apart from Race 1 at Cheltenham today.

Originally posted by AliGupter+Dec 15 2007, 02:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AliGupter @ Dec 15 2007, 02:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AliGupter@Dec 12 2007, 12:11 AM
Tamarinbleu's first run of the season? Yes please.
GET IN!

I do love this race, that was the biggest priced winner on the horses I've had for about 2 years. [/b][/quote]
Well done, Ali. Looking through the trends for the race, I don't recall backing the winner of this race in the last ten years :what: (Legal Right in 1999, maybe)

Originally posted by Desert Orchid+Dec 15 2007, 05:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Desert Orchid @ Dec 15 2007, 05:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by AliGupter@Dec 15 2007, 02:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-AliGupter
@Dec 12 2007, 12:11 AM
Tamarinbleu's first run of the season? Yes please.

GET IN!

I do love this race, that was the biggest priced winner on the horses I've had for about 2 years.
Well done, Ali. Looking through the trends for the race, I don't recall backing the winner of this race in the last ten years :what: (Legal Right in 1999, maybe) [/b][/quote]
I've backed Sir Oj and Monkerhostin before, both horrifically lucky winners with the fallers, but no luck needed this time. :laughing:

Interesting to see that the Abragante fans have gone very quiet lately....:laughing:

Admittedly it wasn't on here but I did laugh to see one person say [pre-race] that "by rights Abragante should beat Denman" in the Hennessy.

As I said on Final Furlong, so long as it has a hole in its arse, Abragante cannot be mentioned in the same breath as "Hennessy winner" unless it also contains the words "cannot possibly be".

Maybe after today's performance people will start to realise what he is - an over-hyped utter hound.

:laughing:
I think UG should post up again that wonderful photo he took of Abragante on Hennessy day
Talk about taking the pee. What a rogue. Wish I'd laid him bigtime, hope you did SL

Being a bear of very little brain or time this weekend I just followed up on other peoples work, based mainly on the length of the write up. So ended up backing Tamirinbleu (due to chrisbeek), Le Volfoni (Warbler - please try harder) and Faasel(I'm sure I saw a write up on him somewhere, can't find it now - if I was dreaming it cost me €20 for nothing).

It was a bit odd hoping a horse you backed at 32 on the exchanges, probably my biggest priced winner with any significant money all year, would tie up after the last so the one you backed at 46 could take advantage.

Fear not I know of someone who put the second, third , fourth, and fifth in a combo tricast!!!! If anyone was praying for a horse to fall at the last, it must have been they.

Thanks for telling everyone Warbler. It only paid 10k and as you can imagine I was particularly happy for David Pipe when he said he didn't fancy it either! cry

I would say hard lines, bad luck, or offer some kind of sympathy................

but I'd be lying.

You've already ruined my 2006 festival, I couldn't bear a repeat

I thought Palarshan ran fairly flat and I was amazed to see how short he went in running a long way out.I would like to see him reappear at the festivalfter a long break.

Back