Boylesports Gold Cup

The injury he picked up was bone damage in a hock, tore muscles in his back and displaced four vertabrae. Vet was amazed he jumped around.

As for steping up in distance the answer is yes and expect you will see him in the Cotswold Chase.

Oh and if anyone thinking KG anti post please see below first.

It is from the head of the syndicate which own the horse.

"I cannot see the KG being on the agenda unless he wins very well on Saturday. Even then the 13 day break is a worry and the Cotswold Chase makes more appeal. The KG field would have to cut up before it made much appeal - the trainer will have very different views !"

Just for some extra confidence for those that have backed him at 3-1 and upwards.

Also cant take any credit for the following information but more than happy to pass it on as from a very reliable source.

He was going really well on the gallops before the PP, but had a good blow after the race which indicated he probably wasn't 100% in terms of fitness.

In normal circumstances there are two serious work days a week - where the horse would be fully extended, the measure of his work would be how well he performs on the gallops and how long his respiratory system takes to return to normal after the exercise.

His work on those days is a lot sharper than before the PP with a quicker recovery period. A lot of trainers now weigh horses and have many new scientific gadgets, NTD would be more of a traditionalist and would examine each horse after exercise to monitor fitness. I don't think there is anyone better in delivering horses to the track in prime condition

" Don't want to be accused of being "Bullish" like the trainer but the way he is going at home barring mishaps on the way round anything that finishes in front of him will have to produce a significant career best."

think ic will win this although current stable form not inspiring

finger on the pulse won the jewson with earplugs and has run badly everytime in the uk without them could be interesting tommorrow with ear plugs and mccoy on board

Oh and if anyone thinking KG anti post please see below first.

It is from the head of the syndicate which own the horse.

"I cannot see the KG being on the agenda unless he wins very well on Saturday. Even then the 13 day break is a worry and the Cotswold Chase makes more appeal. The KG field would have to cut up before it made much appeal - the trainer will have very different views !"

Looks like their mind might have been made up for them by the weather.

Gareth your correct and in the owners words.

"Trainer gets his wish - King George now !"

I still thought they might have swerved and waitied for Cheltenham end of Jan but the above suggests differently.

Back