Boylesports International Hurdle

What's the thinking behind that, Hamm? I would have thought the hill would suit her, given that she's a proven thorough stayer. Not that Ascot doesn't

I don't think she stays very well beyond a strong 2 miles (ie, Cheltenham), and think anything that brings stamina into it isn't helping her cause.

The Ascot Hurdle was over 2m3f though, Hamm, so I'm really sure how you can that. Her novice form, which admittedly she has improved upon since joining Henderson, also suggests she's a thorough stayer.

She would need a stiff track and plenty of cut in the ground to challenge the likes of Binocular IMO.

I will be lumping on Chomba Womba win only.I have seen 11-2 and that is fantastic value in my opinion.Katchit hasn't a hope and I would rule out Celestial Halo.

Yeah i think it would be a brave man that would discount Katchit. I have had a small few quid on Binocular, i think the track will suit (speed merchant) but i fully expect Katchit to follow him home. I just think Katchit will run out of ground on a galloping track like Ascot.

Binocular to bt Katchit (FC), and Katchit to be in front of Binocular come Champion Hurdle day IMO.

Speaking of dumb comments this one is a peach...

12 months ago twist magic.now master minded would of beat moscow flyer without coming off bridle.come march should well chief turn up at cheltenham judge his proximity to master minded as a guide to if mm would of beat mf.bear mind moscow was at least 2l superior to wc and the fact the pipe horse as had 2 long layoffs.when well chief out jumps mm in march and puts it upto him up the hill then judge mm.

Speaking of dumb comments this one is a peach...

12 months ago twist magic.now master minded would of beat moscow flyer without coming off bridle.come march should well chief turn up at cheltenham judge his proximity to master minded as a guide to if mm would of beat mf.bear mind moscow was at least 2l superior to wc and the fact the pipe horse as had 2 long layoffs.when well chief out jumps mm in march and puts it upto him up the hill then judge mm.

Way too much drink had before that post!

Wouldn't Katchit be better off unpenalised at Kempton now that the Cheltenham factor isn't there?

Edit: for some reason I thought there was more than 5 runners tomorrow. And the massive difference in prize money...

Wouldn't want to be opposing Binocular at 11/8 today tbh.

The switch to Ascot and the supposedly drying ground have dampened my enthusiasm about Chomba Womba.

Exceptional performance. Think Katchit's chances in March with a crack horse like that in the field are up in smoke near enough now. Came off the bridle far too early to be competitive at Cheltenham.

It was. A comfortable victory over Celestial Halo might not be an amazing bare result, but you have to consider how the other three faired with trying to get after the leader in comparison. Take Binocular out of the race and we'd be proclaiming a ride of the season contender from Ruby.

Istyesque !

Something clearly up with Katchit - but the thrashing of two such good yardsticks as Chomba Womba and Crackaway Jack who ran very close to their Ascot Hurdle form makes the form look very strong . Great run and ride from Celestial and Ruby but stunning how he reeled him in and zoomed past him.

Katchit looked terrible one paced. Something not quite right there

Katchit hasn't travelled all season . It was one hell of a hard race he had to grind home in the Champion - I suspect it has left its mark but I suspect an A1 Katchit would have been upsides C Halo

Back